Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staralliance milage accrual on domestic Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2008, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Staralliance milage accrual on domestic Flights

Since Shanghai Airlines and Air China are Star Alliance members now, I would like to work out if it is possible to get miles on domestic flights in economy.
What are the booking classes for the discounted tickets sold through Ctrip?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To date, I've been crediting almost all of my CA and FM flights to CA; when doing this only Y/C/F yield 100% or above; everything else (including B and H, which cost 90% and 80% of Y, respectively) is 70%.

If you have a timetable (of any Chinese airline), you can easily match up the discount levels with their respective fare codes. I have a CA timetable in my office, but I'm not planning on going there. I'm pretty sure I've seen this info online as well (in fact, I think I posted it here several years ago).

I'm not sure about *A carriers' policies, but I agree this would be useful info (i.e. would help in deciding which flights to credit to CA v. UA).
Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
To date, I've been crediting almost all of my CA and FM flights to CA; when doing this only Y/C/F yield 100% or above; everything else (including B and H, which cost 90% and 80% of Y, respectively) is 70%.

If you have a timetable (of any Chinese airline), you can easily match up the discount levels with their respective fare codes. I have a CA timetable in my office, but I'm not planning on going there. I'm pretty sure I've seen this info online as well (in fact, I think I posted it here several years ago).

I'm not sure about *A carriers' policies, but I agree this would be useful info (i.e. would help in deciding which flights to credit to CA v. UA).
I am a "Royal Orchid Plus" member and would loke to know in whjat class the discounted fares (50-60% discount on ctrip) are booked.
According to TG:
CA: no miles for T and E, 50% for L, Q, G, S, V, U, W.
FM: 50% for E, H, Q, S, G
All other economy 100%

http://www.thaiair.com/Royal_Orchid_...of_service.htm
Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
I am a "Royal Orchid Plus" member and would loke to know in whjat class the discounted fares (50-60% discount on ctrip) are booked.
According to TG:
All other economy 100%

Not sure whether this helps or not, but I've never seen a "T or E" ticket; iirc G is highly discounted (maybe 70%) so T and E would, presumably, have to be cheaper than that.

What I do find interesting in your quote is that it sounds like B, M, and H (on CA) and B and M (on FM) fetch 100% in your airline's program.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:01 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
According to TG:
All other economy 100%

If you have the e-ticket # (starts w/999), you should be able to check the fare class thru Air China website.

Last edited by rdchen; Mar 9, 2008 at 11:17 pm
Old Mar 10, 2008, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdchen
If you have the e-ticket # (starts w/999), you should be able to check the fare class thru Air China website.
Sure, once I have the ticket the class should be known. But I like to know how to go before spending money.
I found out the following: (all economy)

CA discount 0%: Y, 10%: B, 15%: M, 20%: H, 25%: K, 30%: L, 40%: Q, 50%: G, 60%: U, 70%: Z, 80%: E.

FM discount 0%: Y, 10%: B, 20%: L, 25%: M, 30%: T, 35%: E, 40%: H, 50%: V, 60%: W, 70%: P, 80%: Z.

If anyone knows better, please post. I know China well enough to realize that there is a chance that the information coming from the airlines might be incorrect. And the Thai chart doesn't make sense to me when I see these classes, but international classes would be most probably different. It seems like I have to try it out. I will be in Bangkok this week and contact the head office to see.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Sure, once I have the ticket the class should be known. But I like to know how to go before spending money.
I found out the following: (all economy)

CA discount 0%: Y, 10%: B, 15%: M, 20%: H, 25%: K, 30%: L, 40%: Q, 50%: G, 60%: U, 70%: Z, 80%: E.

FM discount 0%: Y, 10%: B, 20%: L, 25%: M, 30%: T, 35%: E, 40%: H, 50%: V, 60%: W, 70%: P, 80%: Z.

If anyone knows better, please post. I know China well enough to realize that there is a chance that the information coming from the airlines might be incorrect. And the Thai chart doesn't make sense to me when I see these classes, but international classes would be most probably different. It seems like I have to try it out. I will be in Bangkok this week and contact the head office to see.
I think when book on AirChina website, the fare class is showed right before the payment page. However, IIRC the fare classes do not reconcile with the United chart, not sure about the Thai chart.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
You can easily find codes and discount amounts on yoee.com for all domestic flights.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
You can easily find codes and discount amounts on yoee.com for all domestic flights.
Thanks, I wonder how you always know the answers in so many fields. You and moondog are just unbelievable.

But one thing is surprising: Ctrip sells the same flight that I was checking on for half the price. A pity that they don't show the classes:
CA1361, SZX-PVG, 19.Mar 08, 21:45 Ctrip: 280, Yoee 560.

Plus I have a nice arrangement with Ctrip that they hold the ticket in SZX airport and I pay when collecting it. Thay may do that if they know you for some time.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Thanks, I wonder how you always know the answers in so many fields. You and moondog are just unbelievable.

But one thing is surprising: Ctrip sells the same flight that I was checking on for half the price. A pity that they don't show the classes:
CA1361, SZX-PVG, 19.Mar 08, 21:45 Ctrip: 280, Yoee 560.

Plus I have a nice arrangement with Ctrip that they hold the ticket in SZX airport and I pay when collecting it. Thay may do that if they know you for some time.
280RMB? 560 is already 60% off!

Well, 280RMB will be 80% off, and it'll be a "E" fare then, as you've already found out earlier.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:49 am

Since Shanghai Airlines and Air China are Star Alliance members now, I would like to work out if it is possible to get miles on domestic flights in economy.
What are the booking classes for the discounted tickets sold through Ctrip?
Air China's PhoenixMiles mileage earning table is available at http://ffp.airchina.com.cn/EN/lclj/hklc.htm. So, in Economy Class, Y/B/M/H/K get 100%, L/Q/G/S/V/U/Z/W get 50%, O/I/X/R/N/T/E get nothing.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:53 am

Sorry moondog, but the 100%-70%-0% Economy Class earnings for Air China's PhoenixMiles members on Air China flights got replaced almost a year ago.

On March 25, 2007, the new earning table came into effect with some Economy booking classes still get 100% while the majority only get 50% and a few receive nothing.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Accruing Mileage Plus Miles on CA/FM Flights

From United.com:

CA First FAP 150%
Business CDZJ 125%
Economy YBMHK 100%
Discount LQGSVUW 50%

500 miles minimum for above

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,50614,00.html

FM First FA 150%
Business CDJ 125%
Economy Y 100%
Discount BLMTEHUS 70%

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51777,00.html

Last edited by LinBros; Mar 17, 2008 at 8:02 am
Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Jet Yi
From United.com:

CA First FAP 150%
Business CDZJ 125%
Economy YBHK 100%
Discount LQGSVUW 50%

That 500 minimum is nice (I'll stop short of saying "exciting" or "great") news because it means the days of earning 380 KILOMETERS for PEK-Shenyang are presumably over.

I'll also happy about the CA accrual chart because almost all of my fares are 7.5 哲 or higher.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'll also happy about the CA accrual chart because almost all of my fares are 7.5 哲 or higher.
My favorite is off-peak SHA-PEK which goes for as low as CNY 450 OW [USD 63] which is a 60% discount [U Class] from full fare @ CNY 1130 [USD 159]. That would mean only 50% of 667 miles = 334 miles but instead earns the 500 mile minimum plus 500 EQM and an EQS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.