Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong to Shenzhen Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2008, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
we tried the new bus from Shenzhen Airport to Kowloon, and while the customs experience was brilliant (no lines, nothing but efficiency and courtesy), the drop-off in HK was the exact opposite. Rather than going to the MTR at Kowloon, the driver decided to dump his small load of passengers (one mother with two infants, my wife and myself, and just one other couple) on a crowded corner in Mongkok, around the block from the Prince Edward MTR stop. There was no particular traffic situation (this past Monday afternoon, around 3:30 pm) and we were all so confused on what was occurring that we all just disboarded, collected our luggage, and wandered around aimlessly trying to figure out where we were. My wife subsequently contacted the company to complain, but I don't expect any meaningful explanation to surface.

Forewarned is forearmed.....
The bus should first stop at the Kowloon MTR/AE station at the Elements Mall; then it'll make an extra courtesy stop in Mongkok.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rkkwan
The bus should first stop at the Kowloon MTR/AE station at the Elements Mall; then it'll make an extra courtesy stop in Mongkok.
That is precisely what Wayne Wong, a Sales Manager for the Chinalink Bus Company Ltd. subsequently explained to my wife when we visited the Elements Mall location to complain....but it's definitely not what occurred.

[The Elements Mall station looks to be beautifully laid out, with a waiting room and very easy access to the MTR/AE. If only we had been delivered there....]

Last edited by jbalmuth; Apr 16, 2008 at 8:43 am
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:26 pm

follow-up re bad HK drop-off experience...

My wife received an email from the ChinaLink bus company re our bad experience noted above, requesting from her both our ticket numbers and the number of the bus from the border to HK. We located the tickets and their associated numbers, but of course no-one thought to write down the number of the bus (a different one from the one that deposited us at the border).

If you take advantage of this bus service --- frequent, cheap, efficient, and convenient (if it drops you off where you expect) --- I advise that you take note of the bus numbers....not something that one might ordinarily think necessary....
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife received an email from the ChinaLink bus company re our bad experience noted above, requesting from her both our ticket numbers and the number of the bus from the border to HK. We located the tickets and their associated numbers, but of course no-one thought to write down the number of the bus (a different one from the one that deposited us at the border).

If you take advantage of this bus service --- frequent, cheap, efficient, and convenient (if it drops you off where you expect) --- I advise that you take note of the bus numbers....not something that one might ordinarily think necessary....
If you know what time you depart from SZX on what day, they should know which bus and driver was used.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by rkkwan
If you know what time you depart from SZX on what day, they should know which bus and driver was used.
Agreed ---- but the date and time of the SZX departure were already included in their detailed email to my wife.

They requested the number on the bus from the border to HK. In lieu of that, she has provided the exact departure time of the bus from the border...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed ---- but the date and time of the SZX departure were already included in their detailed email to my wife.

They requested the number on the bus from the border to HK. In lieu of that, she has provided the exact departure time of the bus from the border...
From my experience, they provide a good service to the customers, but each time (in Kowloon and SZX), I heard confusion and arguments between the manager and the clerk at the ticket counter. I feel that the management is pretty amateurish (or if they're hiring bottom wage idiots). Still, I will recommend this service.

Getting OT, but jotting down the license plate number of you bus is almost mandatory if you use a service through Huanggang. That crossing can be so crowded with disorganized that one may really have trouble finding your bus after getting through Chinese immigration. Both ways. But it's not an issue with the Shenzhen Bay crossing.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 12:17 pm

Bus times

There have been previous postings about the latest bus leaving Kowloon at 5pm ish, but according to their web site it looks to be 7:15PM now.

Anyone able to confirm this or advise if there's been any change to the bus service? You know these web sites are so unreliable, but I'll probably call beforehand just to double check. I plan to book some flights from SZ airport for next week, so this seems the best way.

From Kowloon - SZ
http://www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes16.html

SZ Airport - Kowloon
http://www.chinalink.hk/co_service_routes17.html

You don't need to read chinese, just look at the times.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noodlesz - That page is current and should be accurate. But yes, call ahead will be a wise move.

I know its current as the fare in HK$ has gone up from 90 to 100 recently, and the page reflects that.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 3:49 am

taxi

Anyone know how much a taxi to HuangGuang costs from the airport? I will get back too late to catch the last bus back from the airport to HK.

I also saw there's a 330 BUs from the airport to Lowu, but I don't know how close that is to the border for the KCR. Any ideas?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Noodlesz
Anyone know how much a taxi to HuangGuang costs from the airport? I will get back too late to catch the last bus back from the airport to HK.

I also saw there's a 330 BUs from the airport to Lowu, but I don't know how close that is to the border for the KCR. Any ideas?
Taxi from SZX to Lowu is about 130RMB. A little bit shorter to Huanggang, so no more than that.

Don't know where exactly the 330 bus stop is at, but it should be right at the Lowu border or the main Shenzhen train station. Should be very short walk.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:14 am

Bus Report

Hi, I just want to share everyone w my experience to SZ Airport since I'm back.

HK ---> SZX. Very easy, took the MTR to Kowloon Station/Elements. Up the escalator to the mall, make a right turn, walk 1 min to Starbucks and China Coach Terminal is right there. $100 HKD one way ticket on the next bus to SZ airport. Was also able to check in and obtain my boarding pass in Elements. For the bags, I think they give you the tags but you still need to lug them across, unlike HK Airport Express when you can leave your bags with them. Not sure though since I just did carry on.

Bus was very nice actually, cushy pleather seats. People were already on the bus by the time it got to Elements and was basically full on a Fri evening up to SZ. Once at the border, go through HK side, walk 2 mins to Chinese side and walk outside bldg. Really no difference than Lok Ma Chau or Lo Wu except the walk is less. Got back on the bus on the SZ side, except this time there were only 6 or so people going to the airport. I guess the bus dropped off everyone else at the border as their last stop. Bus stops at Terminal A, but Terminal B is less than 5 min walk away so it's no problem.

Total Travel Time: Approx 90 min

On the return I came back too late for the last bus. So I took a Taxi To Huang Guang which cost $125 RMB incl the $10 toll. He had to detour around to the next exit as Huang Guang was PACKED so probably would be closer to $115-120 RMB normally. I had no idea this border was so crowded on a weeknight as I've only crossed during the day or on the weekend. I would rather have taken the train had I known how many people would've been there.

Anyway, my reccommendation would be take the bus, it's really convenient. and next time if I fly back to SZ I will make sure I book a flight that arrives before the last bus, as taking the taxing and going through border was a bit annoying and expensive to get back to HK.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for reporting back.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 10:04 am

translate to english

Hi, I just want to share everyone w my experience to SZ Airport since I'm back.

HK ---> SZX. Very easy, took the MTR to Kowloon Station/Elements. Up the escalator to the mall, make a right turn, walk 1 min to Starbucks and China Coach Terminal is right there. $100 HKD one way ticket on the next bus to SZ airport. Was also able to check in and obtain my boarding pass in Elements. For the bags, I think they give you the tags but you still need to lug them across, unlike HK Airport Express when you can leave your bags with them. Not sure though since I just did carry on.

Bus was very nice actually, cushy pleather seats. People were already on the bus by the time it got to Elements and was basically full on a Fri evening up to SZ. Once at the border, go through HK side, walk 2 mins to Chinese side and walk outside bldg. Really no difference than Lok Ma Chau or Lo Wu except the walk is less. Got back on the bus on the SZ side, except this time there were only 6 or so people going to the airport. I guess the bus dropped off everyone else at the border as their last stop. Bus stops at Terminal A, but Terminal B is less than 5 min walk away so it's no problem.

Total Travel Time: Approx 90 min

On the return I came back too late for the last bus. So I took a Taxi To Huang Guang which cost $125 RMB incl the $10 toll. He had to detour around to the next exit as Huang Guang was PACKED so probably would be closer to $115-120 RMB normally. I had no idea this border was so crowded on a weeknight as I've only crossed during the day or on the weekend. I would rather have taken the train had I known how many people would've been there.

Anyway, my reccommendation would be take the bus, it's really convenient. and next time if I fly back to SZ I will make sure I book a flight that arrives before the last bus, as taking the taxing and going through border was a bit annoying and expensive to get back to HK.
thank for the tip,
can you please provide time departures from HK --->SZX, cause i dont understand nothing from their web site(everything in chinees)
thanks
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by igalep132
thank for the tip,
can you please provide time departures from HK --->SZX, cause i dont understand nothing from their web site(everything in chinees)
thanks
All the times are in regular numbers. They use 24 hr military time format. Shouldn't be an issue.

You can use translate.google.com to translate the web page if needed. I can't read chinese neither except the basics like Kowloon and Hong Kong.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:11 am

All the times are in regular numbers. They use 24 hr military time format. Shouldn't be an issue.

You can use translate.google.com to translate the web page if needed. I can't read chinese neither except the basics like Kowloon and Hong Kong.
do you know what is the contact mail ?

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.