Reload this Page >

Chinese visa discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: The information in this thread is obsolete. Please consider this thread a historic archive of past issues and discussion regarding China visas, as it is now closed to further posting.

Recent posts have been moved to the relevant and currently active "sticky" thread, China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know).

Thank you,

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Print Wikipost

Chinese visa discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 7:14 am

HLS2002 -- Did you have to drop off and pick up your visa in person in order to do it in NYC? I'm considering doing it in person rather than through Zierer.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice in this thread about using ZVS, and would like to add my recommendation. I used them and got my passport back in a week. The service was friendly, efficient, and professional. Can't say anything but good stuff about them!^
Old Mar 30, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
Tadive -- I handled it all in person. It wasn't clear whether that was entirely necessary. Particularly for the pick-up, it seemed like anyone with the receipt could collect the passport when it was ready. The drop-off didn't involve much more than waiting 10 minutes just to hand over the completed form and the passport. Although the official took a quick look to make sure the form was completed and there was a blank passport page, there were no questions or anything.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:26 am
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
Great Visa Service

I sent my passport to http://mychinavisa.com/ and within a week I got my passport back. Did not expedite a single thing. Choose regular service for single entry tourist visa. They sent me an email the day they received my passport, and an email for me to track the return. I would use this service again in heartbeat.^
Old Mar 31, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat./Ambassador; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Kempinski Platinum
If you live in a city with a Chinese consulate, or if you're going to be spending a few days in such a city, it seems like a waste to pay service fees to some agency. Of course, if you're not going to be in one of those cities and you don't have a friend there who can handle it, I guess there's no alternative.

If the Chinese consulate were on the East Side in New York, I'd be happy to drop off the visas for the FlyerTalk community for free, but way over on the Hudson is a bit of a hike for me.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know of the website that describes the 48 hours transit-visa to PVG? I know this can be done because I have done it, but I forgot where I printed out the rules last time. It will make the process easier if I have the rules in hand.
Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
BTW I found the website. Hope this helps the other folks who are seeking similar info: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84248.htm
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by Skyman65
I just used an agency called "Chinese Service Center of America" to get our visas. They were pretty quick and had the lowest fee I could find ($19.95 for one person or $17.95 ea for 2+).

Here is their website: http://www.visamailservice.com/
I used this service based on your recommendation and they were fantastic ^

I had to pay a lot more for the visa than the $19.95 processing fee since I had less than a week's notice, but they updated their site and emailed me with status updates and the return FedEx tracking #. Those fees are the nature of the beast... last minute trip.

I will definately use them again, and recommend those who ask about it to use them as well.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Duh, My Visa Renewal!

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
I hope this means that I can get a 2-year F visa when this one expires next June.
I can't believe I did this, I forgot to drop off my passport at the Chinese Consulate last week So here's my situation - I have a one year, multi-entry F-visa that expires in mid June. I meet the requirements of having two or more entries and a letter of invitation from a Chinese business. Does anyone know if they really need 14 business days to process a 2-year F-visa? Also, since there is no "rush" allowed on F-visas, can I get my renewal back for a one year in the standard 4-business days?

I can drop it off early Monday morning when they open, but I need it back by Friday. The other alternative is to go ahead and fly to China (the visa is still good for multiple 120-day entries before June 14th), then renew it when I make a trip home for a week during the summer. It's my understanding that F visas can only be renewed in your home country. There's a chance that I may make a few trips to Europe this summer from PEK, so I wanted to make sure that everything was in order.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
The other alternative is to go ahead and fly to China (the visa is still good for multiple 120-day entries before June 14th), then renew it when I make a trip home for a week during the summer. It's my understanding that F visas can only be renewed in your home country.
The last sentence in your post isn't true. However, I don't know how to renew an F without using an agent and agents are expensive (between $200 and $300, including fees). The plusses to this approach are that it's hassel free (they come to you) and you can get a visa with a blank "days/stay" field, which is harder to do stateside. This would come in handy next time you renew because it would establish precedent.
Old May 15, 2007, 8:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just applied for a multiple entry F visa -- decided to push the system since there were a number of other visas already in my passport and asked for a 5 year multiple entry visa, hoping that I'd least get 2 years.

Didn't work, the SF consulate just issued me a 1 year multiple entry. I'll still try for more next time.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:14 am

Programs: CX GO
Originally Posted by RichardInSF

Didn't work, the SF consulate just issued me a 1 year multiple entry. I'll still try for more next time.
You might have better luck applying at your local Entry Exit Bureau in China, assuming you have time on your trip. When I got my last F in Hangzhou, the EEB people told me my next visa could be a longer duration if I had at least XX no. of entry stamps. I can't remember exactly what XX was (maybe 3?) but the more the better.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by km3255
You might have better luck applying at your local Entry Exit Bureau in China, assuming you have time on your trip. When I got my last F in Hangzhou, the EEB people told me my next visa could be a longer duration if I had at least XX no. of entry stamps. I can't remember exactly what XX was (maybe 3?) but the more the better.
How long were they willing to go? In Beijing, even the visa agents with the sky high prices can't swing anything longer than 1-year. In fact, many, if not most, are slightly bitter/envious because it's possible to get more for less in America.
Old May 16, 2007, 4:00 am

Programs: CX GO
I can't remember exactly. This wasn't written down anywhere, and was just based on a casual conversation with the very nice woman dealing with foreigners at the EEB that day. I think the deal was if you have a one-year F and meet the entry stamps requirement, your next one can be for three years. Not sure if this is just a Zhejiang thing or is applicable throughout China.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
What is the Entry/Exit Bureau? I'm a little lost on the process of visa renewal while inside China. I may be in a situation where I need to do that. My multi-entry F visa expires June 14th and I currently have 2 entries on that visa (the minimum for renewal according to the Chinese Consulate website for New York City). However, would it make sense to enter a 3rd time and simply renew while I'm in country? It's not exactly a guarantee that I'm going to come back state side this summer, so I may not need an extension - I just wanted one just in case.

I found this website, is this the Entry-Exit Bureau? http://www.bjgaj.gov.cn/epolice/index.htm
I thought that an agent was needed to renew a visa in country, is there a way to do it direct?

Last edited by TravelManKen; May 16, 2007 at 7:53 am Reason: oops, said passport instead of visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.