Wiki Posts
Search

Place to buy smartphone and accessories in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Place to buy smartphone and accessories in Shanghai

Hi!

I will visit Shanghai in June, and then I would like to buy smartphone and accessories (case, cable, protection film etc.).
I searched the information on web, I have some old and few information only.
Regarding the information, Shanghai computer/smartphone town have already obsoleted.
Is it true??
Can someone give me the information regarding the best place to buy them?

Thank you.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:13 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by ASIANTRAVELLER
Hi!

I will visit Shanghai in June, and then I would like to buy smartphone and accessories (case, cable, protection film etc.).
I searched the information on web, I have some old and few information only.
Regarding the information, Shanghai computer/smartphone town have already obsoleted.
Is it true??
Can someone give me the information regarding the best place to buy them?

Thank you.
You can find accessory stores in almost every shopping mall and major shopping area both tourist and local area.

There is a big market for stuff off subway Line 2 at the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum stop. They sell everything there, cloths, luggage, watches, glasses, tailored clothes and electronic goods. Must negotiate, whatever they offer, cut it by 1/4 and if you pay more than 1/3 you've paid too much, LOL
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chipmaster
Must negotiate, whatever they offer, cut it by 1/4 and if you pay more than 1/3 you've paid too much, LOL
Phone prices are generally pretty transparent because market value is well established online. In fact, unless you are looking for older models, online is the way to go.

i only go to physical markets for repairs and accessory type items (also cheaper online, but we're talking about a small difference, and it's nice to check out different options in person).

Physical markets that come to mind are: 1. 徐家汇 2. 天目路 3. 西藏路

Last edited by moondog; Apr 17, 2018 at 9:45 am
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:08 pm

"Must negotiate, whatever they offer, cut it by 1/4 and if you pay more than 1/3 you've paid too much, LOL."

Really, for commodity-type stuff these days you don't waste your time or the seller's battling it out over price. You need of course to know what the price should be beforehand. And if by chance it's too high you look somewhere else. No hard feelings.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Phone prices are generally pretty transparent because market value is well established online. In fact, unless you are looking for older models, online is the way to go.

i only go to physical markets for repairs and accessory type items (also cheaper online, but we're talking about a small difference, and it's nice to check out different options in person).

Physical markets that come to mind are: 1. 徐家汇 2. 天目路 3. 西藏路
Hi guys!

Thank you for your reply.
I got information regarding "不夜城商厦" as a good place to purchase cell phone or its accessory.
Is it still good place to visit?

>Moondog
>Physical markets that come to mind are: 1. 徐家汇 2. 天目路 3. 西藏路
Thank you.
They are area name, aren't they?
If you know the detail name of the shop or building name, would you let me know.
As I am Japanese, I can read Chinese characters, Chinese character name is welcomed!

Thank you.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ASIANTRAVELLER
Hi guys!

Thank you for your reply.
I got information regarding "&#1 9981;&#2 2812;&#2 2478;&#2 1830;&#2 1414;" as a good place to purchase cell phone or its accessory.
Is it still good place to visit?

>Moondog
>Physical markets that come to mind are: 1. &#2 4464;&#2 3478;&#2 7719; 2. &#2 2825;&#3 0446;&#3 6335; 3. &#3 5199;&#3 4255;&#3 6335;
Thank you.
They are area name, aren't they?
If you know the detail name of the shop or building name, would you let me know.
As I am Japanese, I can read Chinese characters, Chinese character name is welcomed!

Thank you.
#3 is easy, southeast corner of the &#2 8142;&#2 8023;&#3 6335; intersection. For #2 , there are large markets about 500 meters apart on both sides of &#2 2825;&#3 0446;&#3 6335; one block east of &#2 4658;&#2 0016;&#3 6335;&#1 2290; For #1 I would use Google because there are several markets there at different subway exits. I dislike navigating &#2 4464;&#2 3478;&#2 7719; above ground (big streets that are hard to cross). All markets carry the same stuff for the most part, so figure out what's most convenient for you.

Eta: At least on my phone, the Chinese characters above did not render properly. I am not inclined to try again now. I suggest you post again after you know where you are staying in Shanghai.

Last edited by moondog; Apr 18, 2018 at 8:30 am
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:14 pm

Here is one of the 天目路 markets: 梅园路360环龙眼镜市场. I pulled up the precise address because I need to go there today to fix a computer.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Here is one of the 天目路 markets: 梅园路360环龙眼镜市场. I pulled up the precise address because I need to go there today to fix a computer.
Thank for your information.

It is near 不夜城, so I will drop by when I come to 不夜城.
Do you have any information regarding 不夜城?

Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:39 am

Eta: At least on my phone, the Chinese characters above did not render properly. I am not inclined to try again now. I suggest you post again after you know where you are staying in Shanghai.
What browser did you use? As everything else in this thread renders properly except for this post, I suspect your browser did something silly with these Unicode characters.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:45 am

@,op If you want to buy 100,000 cables, and have the ability to resell them at 2x in Japan, email me!

ETA: I'm going to PM you my phone repair lady's contact information. Her pricing is a bit on the high side, but she is super nice.

Last edited by moondog; Apr 28, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:54 pm

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.