Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rail Travel in China - how is it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I figure this is the appropriate thread to ask this - if I'm interested in riding the train but getting off at multiple stations on the way for several days of stopovers (e.g. going Shanghai-Hangzhou-Changsha-Guilin, with the last segment being on a different line), is it much more expensive to buy tickets segment-by-segment or is pricing roughly the same as the sum of segments?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Smiley90
I figure this is the appropriate thread to ask this - if I'm interested in riding the train but getting off at multiple stations on the way for several days of stopovers (e.g. going Shanghai-Hangzhou-Changsha-Guilin, with the last segment being on a different line), is it much more expensive to buy tickets segment-by-segment or is pricing roughly the same as the sum of segments?
There are no discounts for multiple segments. I suggest you also check out flights on the longer segments.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by moondog
There are no discounts for multiple segments. I suggest you also check out flights on the longer segments.
Yeah what I think we'll do is take the train that are shorter segments (Shanghai-Hangzhou-Changsha-Guilin) and then take a flight KWL-PVG back. If there's no discount then might as well book them one by one, thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:18 am

You can only buy tickets "segment by segment" in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.