Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First timer in Macao and Zhuhai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2006, 2:41 am
Original Poster

First timer in Macao and Zhuhai

I will be going to Macao and then across to Zhuhai for the first time. What is the best thing to do over the weekend?
I mean the hotel recommendation, sightseeing, food, transportaion etc. Things that a tourist will want to know before going.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by skwong43
I will be going to Macao and then across to Zhuhai for the first time. What is the best thing to do over the weekend?
I mean the hotel recommendation, sightseeing, food, transportaion etc. Things that a tourist will want to know before going.
In Zhuhai, you could try the new Ocean Spring Resort - It's apparently the worlds largest hot springs resort. The website is currently in Chinese, but you can find out more information from www.ctshk.com

In Macau, stay at the Westin or at the new Wynn. Westin is a resort in a great location, and Wynn is the newest kid from Las Vegas right in the middle of the city. Both excellent properties.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k,MM,Marriott G,HHG,SWG
u have to check out the ruins of St. Paul's and A-Ma Temple.
There are 2 famous restaurants located side by side just west (200 m max) of A-Ma Temple. I forgot their names. But just ask the taxi driver for the famous portuguese restaurants next to A-Ma Temple.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 7:48 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sanyo128
u have to check out the ruins of St. Paul's and A-Ma Temple.
There are 2 famous restaurants located side by side just west (200 m max) of A-Ma Temple. I forgot their names. But just ask the taxi driver for the famous portuguese restaurants next to A-Ma Temple.
Restaurant Litoral? Good Macanese food.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:09 pm

"Things that a tourist will want to know before going" can be found in more detail in any guide book than can ever be provided here.

But for restaurants a personal favourite is the old colonial Clube Militar at Avenida da Praia Grande 795, tel 714009 (booking recommended).

Particularly at Sunday lunch this is a favourite with the remaining Portuguese in Macau, most of whom the waiters seem to know personally. I recommend the African Chicken, washed down with a dry Portuguese white.

Peter N-H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.