Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Best place to spend a short night near PEK airport ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to spend a short night near PEK airport ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:23 pm
evg

Originally Posted by mingw
according to the IATA database: http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...tion/index.jsp

no transit visa is required for up to 24 hours stay.
I wish you was right!

But Council said...(see my earlier message).

Also on site http://www.travelchinaguide.com/emba...sa/transit.htm I have found:

The crew and the passengers on airplane who transit through China by direct flying without leaving the airport and their staying time at the transit airports in China is less than 24 hours will be required no transit visa.

Well, one of my friends is travelling by the same itinerary one month earlier, than me. Will get the newest information from her and post here
Old Apr 24, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Rosedale is a Good Biz-Class Crash Pad

Originally Posted by moondog
The Lido and the Rosedale are the two closest, but I suggest you spend the extra 5 minutes on the road to get to third ring if you have any interest at all in Beijing at night.
I stayed overnight a year ago at the Rosedale on Moondog's advice, and it was fine. Nothing in the neighborhood, but you can eat breakfast there in the morning, and catch a taxi for a quick ride back to the airport. It all depends on whether you want to just sleep in the room or explore outside.

(For central Beijing, the Marco Polo was fine, and located a long block (very walkable) from the subway. But it's on the wrong side of Beijing to be airport- convenient.)
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I stayed overnight a year ago at the Rosedale on Moondog's advice, and it was fine. Nothing in the neighborhood
hmmm? I dare say there's quite a bit in the area. Dining options include

-Korean (lots of places)
-Japanese (Tianjia is opening next month supposedly, which I'm very excited about)
-Mexican/Tex Mex
-Indian
-Pub grub (Franks Place)
-Chinese (of course)
-American/pizza
-Bellagio

And, there are also tons of massage places (including a Taipan), bars, and clubs.

I definitely wouldn't be bored if I lived up there, but getting to work would be annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.