Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Any problems entering China w/ Taiwan passport stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any problems entering China w/ Taiwan passport stamp?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by hawflakes
you can't enter China mainland with a stamp by Taiwan authority. You have to get your visa to enter mainland China from a Chinese embassy.
Of course but what does it have to do with the current topic. Why would the stamp from a different country allow you in some place?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:23 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hawflakes
you can't enter China mainland with a stamp by Taiwan authority. You have to get your visa to enter mainland China from a Chinese embassy.
很有意思~

Actually, I'm just replying because I like your username. Never knew about 山楂 before visiting China, and while there, became a fan of them.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:52 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Reminder: This is not a political forum. Posts with that kind of content, will (have been) be removed.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:21 am

Hello! Since I will be travelling soon to Taiwan and then to mainladn China, I'd like to ask for any updates on the topic.

Is it still fine to travel to Taipei and then to Shanghai? I'll arrive in Shanghai with a Taiwan passport stamp. No issue at Shanghai immigration, correct?

My passport is Italian.

Thanks!

Niccolo'
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:31 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Yes, you should be fine traveling from Taipei to Shanghai with a Taiwan passport stamp. Generally, there are no issues at Shanghai immigration for travelers who have visited Taiwan
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Never an issue. Think of all the people who have family on both sides of the Strait.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did some sort of diplomatic incident happen to prompt this thread bump? No need to go into details here (there's another forum for that), but it's nice to have a heads up in case there is a pressing need to become vigilant or paranoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.