Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Any problems entering China w/ Taiwan passport stamp?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any problems entering China w/ Taiwan passport stamp?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by AbbyWalsh
Getting his tourist visa for Mainland China was very simple, and he's planning to do several day trips there, and hopefully at least a weekend in Taiwan.
I hope he has a multiple entry visa for China if he's planning to visit Taiwan in the middle of his trip to china.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fimo
I hope he has a multiple entry visa for China if he's planning to visit Taiwan in the middle of his trip to china.
Whenever you see a poster with a US airport code listed as their location, it's pretty safe to assume that they have a multiple entry visa (we pay more, but we also get more).
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by moondog
Whenever you see a poster with a US airport code listed as their location, it's pretty safe to assume that they have a multiple entry visa (we pay more, but we also get more).
Good to know, i sign so many invitation letters i notice many are entry visas but didnt know the US gets multiple entry by fait.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Skyman65
Ugh. Unfortunately, this is very true. There is a historical site near my house, and I often go there in the mornings to do Tai Chi. I just try to finish up before the busloads of PRC tourists start showing up at about 9AM when it completely loses its tranquil charm.
I know what you mean, but let's not get off topic.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 am

Question Same Concern

I’m also having same concern…, I am from India and want to visit both Taiwan & China same time, as per both China & Taiwan Immigration rules, Indian citizens need both countries visitor Visa, I don’t have problem with that I am ready to pay Visa fee for both Visa’s, my only concern is, as I am planning to first visit Taipei and then will be fling to Shanghai from there, will Chinese Immigration officer have any problem after seeing my Passport got stamped in Taiwan ?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shakeel
...will Chinese Immigration officer have any problem after seeing my Passport got stamped in Taiwan ?
No. I've never heard of this being an issue.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Shakeel
... will Chinese Immigration officer have any problem after seeing my Passport got stamped in Taiwan ?
Originally Posted by Skyman65
No. I've never heard of this being an issue.
Not a problem anymore

BUT
At one point in time, during the last millennium, it was a problem.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:48 am

Thanks

Thanks a lot Skyman65 & tentseller for your quick response, you cleared my doubt, thanks again... ^
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:44 am

Tons of Taiwanese visit China and a great number of Taiwan passport holders live in China. So if they are fine...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Originally Posted by JPDM
Tons of Taiwanese visit China and a great number of Taiwan passport holders live in China. So if they are fine...
FYI: A real Taiwan passport is not valid in Mainland China for entry (for everyday ID though some people use it, and even though Chinese say its not a vaild passport, sometimes they may want to see it to see where you came from). Taiwanese have a different document for entry into China (not a passport, Tai-bao-zen? ha not sure that right in English?). Anyways for this post many Taiwanese and Mainland China travel direct everyday between Taiwan and China with no problems with entry and exit stamps.

If your traveling from the major airports or ports you will have no questions. Smaller airports/ports such as Xiamen boat crossing maybe some questions but mainly now days not many non Chinese/Taiwanese cross there so they sometimes ask me with my US passport why I took the boat (vs fly direct).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Taipei
FYI: A real Taiwan passport is not valid in Mainland China for entry (for everyday ID though some people use it, and even though Chinese say its not a vaild passport, sometimes they may want to see it to see where you came from). Taiwanese have a different document for entry into China (not a passport, Tai-bao-zen? ha not sure that right in English?). Anyways for this post many Taiwanese and Mainland China travel direct everyday between Taiwan and China with no problems with entry and exit stamps.

If your traveling from the major airports or ports you will have no questions. Smaller airports/ports such as Xiamen boat crossing maybe some questions but mainly now days not many non Chinese/Taiwanese cross there so they sometimes ask me with my US passport why I took the boat (vs fly direct).
The general unofficial English term is: Mainland Entry Permit (Taiwan) or Home Return permit (HK, Macau)
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
As additional confirmation this is a non-issue for anyone who's concerned... after my last trip I now have both PRC and ROC stamps directly next to each other in my passport opposite my PRC visa. So both immigration officers had to be aware I'd visited the other region on this trip, and neither even bothered to ask about it.

(Actually, the PRC border officer grinned a little and carefully aligned his stamp directly next to the ROC one!) ^

Last edited by BenA; Sep 30, 2015 at 8:34 pm Reason: Being more crisp in terminology
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:46 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Taipei
As another data point for the OP, with a US passport, I passed through 同益 (a Xiamen port) late last year. Numerous stamps from the mainland and Taiwan, but no issues.

In fact, I told the passport officer 清楚一点 (make it a little clearer), because from the first stamp it was hard to read 同益...basically, I keep a separate list of every Chinese entry/exit point crossed at least once.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:02 am

you can't enter China mainland with a stamp by Taiwan authority. You have to get your visa to enter mainland China from a Chinese embassy.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hawflakes
you can't enter China mainland with a stamp by Taiwan authority. You have to get your visa to enter mainland China from a Chinese embassy.
Um

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.