Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

train to Tibet originating from Lanzhou cancelled til when ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I had planned a trip on the China to Tibet railway this year 2020 originating from lanzhou .
i know trains so start from Xining but this seems not a very pleasant place to spend a few days acclimatizing .
Now that i am looking at the trip for 2021 , I have been told that there is no longer a train that starts from Lanzhou.
I have tried to get back to the travel agent in Xining but no luck.
Can any readers confirm that the Tibet train still does not originate from there and would they have any idea when that service would restart.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozflier
Hi,
I had planned a trip on the China to Tibet railway this year 2020 originating from lanzhou .
i know trains so start from Xining but this seems not a very pleasant place to spend a few days acclimatizing .
Now that i am looking at the trip for 2021 , I have been told that there is no longer a train that starts from Lanzhou.
I have tried to get back to the travel agent in Xining but no luck.
Can any readers confirm that the Tibet train still does not originate from there and would they have any idea when that service would restart.
The Chinese train app still shows it operating 3 times a day. All journeys seem to be 24 hours on the Z trains. I’d book a sleeping car!
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For all things train look at----> https://www.seat61.com/
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick responses,
My preference is to take a train that originates from Lanzhou not one that stops there on the way from somewhere else.
Reports to me are that trains starting elsewhere are already dirty especially the toilets and often the cabin .
So that's why I'm on the lookout for the one train that has, in the past, starts at LHW.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozflier
Thank you for your quick responses,
My preference is to take a train that originates from Lanzhou not one that stops there on the way from somewhere else.
Reports to me are that trains starting elsewhere are already dirty especially the toilets and often the cabin .
So that's why I'm on the lookout for the one train that has, in the past, starts at LHW.
You're gonna be on the train for 24 hours whether it starts in Lanzhou or starts elsewhere. Based on my experience, taking the train starting in Lanzhou will get you about 2 hours Max before things get dirty. Not worth being picky IMHO. Take the one with the best timing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.