Reload this Page >

Current China Entry policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Yes the repatriation would have compromised sealing of the border...unless you quarantined 89,043 Americans on 926 flights from 132 countries and territories,
I assume the repatriated were subject to a 14 day quarantine of some sort.

All individuals arriving should have been quarantined for 14 days, at home if a resident, or in a hotel if a non resident, and tested frequently. If anyone tests positive, he or she should have immediately been removed and put into isolation to avoid infecting anyone else. Basically what every jurisdiction with a sensible COVID-19 control policy (including Hawaii) is doing right now.
Old May 18, 2020, 6:09 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Wasn't sure if they required the facility quarantine like the first from Wuhan. Hawaii very strict on violators..jail. fine ..back on a flight.
No dream vacation..2 weeks solitary confinement..

Travelers in quarantine aren’t allowed to leave hotel rooms or residences for any reason except medical emergencies. Hotel guests don’t receive housekeeping services and must arrange for food to be delivered to them.

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 18, 2020 at 7:09 pm
Old May 18, 2020, 8:17 pm

{https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1188749.shtml}
Old May 18, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by pruss2ny
{https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1188749.shtml}

Japanese newspaper Yomiuri reported on Sunday that China and South Korea have consulted Japan about easing their border controls on business travelers.

Such a move has been already implemented between China and South Korea.

On May 1, the two countries became the first in the world to open an "express channel" for business executives who test negative for the coronavirus before departure and after arrival, to facilitate the movement of important products and raw materials, reports said.
Old May 19, 2020, 5:04 am

You need to quarntine in a chinese hotel 14 days, it is 7000 chinese yuan, after that you need to quartine at where you live for another 14 days
Old May 21, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Hello all, would love to consult the hivemind's opinion before making a decision:

What's the vibe/gut feeling regarding transit around September time?

Long version:
I was due to travel LHR-PVG-TYO next month with China Eastern. Of course cancelled. I can either get a full refund or move the flights to September. If moved and the foreign entry bans are still in place in September, I will lose the flights. However, I confirmed with my insurance that they will pay me back so money is not a concern.

I've already caught coronavirus and recovered. I don't recommend this experience to anyone. But at least, health is no concern either.

I was also very much looking forward to visiting Shanghai on my 8 hour layover as I have never been. I got the cheapest J tickets one will ever find and will not get this deal again, and this will guarantee my gold renewal or possibly even platinum this year, but all in all it's 3 months from now, which seems like too soon. Still very much uncertain about the whole thing, any opinions welcome!
Old May 21, 2020, 12:41 pm

latest news suggests travel restrictions won't be lifted until October at the earliest

https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...hrough-october
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Hello all, would love to consult the hivemind's opinion before making a decision:

Long version:
I was due to travel LHR-PVG-TYO next month with China Eastern. Of course cancelled. I can either get a full refund or move the flights to September. If moved and the foreign entry bans are still in place in September, I will lose the flights. However, I confirmed with my insurance that they will pay me back so money is not a concern.

I've already caught coronavirus and recovered. I don't recommend this experience to anyone. But at least, health is no concern either.

I was also very much looking forward to visiting Shanghai on my 8 hour layover as I have never been. I got the cheapest J tickets one will ever find and will not get this deal again, and this will guarantee my gold renewal or possibly even platinum this year, but all in all it's 3 months from now, which seems like too soon. Still very much uncertain about the whole thing, any opinions welcome!
Extremely unlikely international tourists will be welcome back anytime soon. And visiting during a layover just isn't going to happen as the mandatory quarantines will stick around all year which means no 48-72 hour visas, I'm fairly confident of this.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat

Long version:
Why not just get a refund now? If you can go in September, it should be clear by halfway through August, and you can book at that time.

That doesn't mean that you can't get it again, unless they prove that immunity lasts for life. And so far, we don't have the data to show that.
Old May 21, 2020, 8:36 pm

!
Chances are slim to none, and slim left town.

But can say I was 100 % incorrect on prediction of US infection rate. What I thought might be a ripple turned into a tsunami.
Old May 22, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Thanks for posting the link. I'm a little unclear about the policy - are tickets available for sale for a person wishing to leave China back to their passport country on one of the 5-One flights? Or are all flights canned?
Old May 22, 2020, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by maastrichtmouse
Thanks for posting the link. I'm a little unclear about the policy - are tickets available for sale for a person wishing to leave China back to their passport country on one of the 5-One flights? Or are all flights canned?
Anyone can buy a ticket, as long as you have a passport. It's when you check-in for boarding when they check to see whether you have a valid passport and/or visa for entry. The few flights out of China anyone can take as long as they can legally enter their destination, which at check-in they will inspect.
Old May 22, 2020, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by givionte
Anyone can buy a ticket, as long as you have a passport. It's when you check-in for boarding when they check to see whether you have a valid passport and/or visa for entry. The few flights out of China anyone can take as long as they can legally enter their destination, which at check-in they will inspect.
Leaving here isn't an issue (e.g. we can get ourselves to major cities all over the world), but most of us want to be able to come back as well.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Leaving here isn't an issue (e.g. we can get ourselves to major cities all over the world), but most of us want to be able to come back as well.
Not exactly, many countries have banned transit, or limit layovers to certain countries or visa holders. For example, my Chinese wife tried to layover in Incheon ,but was denied a transit visa.
Old May 22, 2020, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by givionte
Not exactly, many countries have banned transit, or limit layovers to certain countries or visa holders. For example, my Chinese wife tried to layover in Incheon ,but was denied a transit visa.
Your wife doesn't need to fly to Korea unless Korea is her destination. My desired destination is JAX. I don't want to travel until September, so I'm not in a rush to buy a ticket, but PVG-HND-DFW-JAX has wide availability for $750. And, if I want to do a shorter trip, I can swing PVG-JFK-JAX for $2000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.