Current China Entry policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Sounds like the takeaway is that they don’t care about your lack of vaccine, and occasionally the stars will align and your positive antibody test upsets someone and you’re sent in for anal prodding.

Im trending heavily towards not getting vaccinated.
What if you get infected and end up getting the anal probing anyway?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
(bolding mine)

Cheers.
For Chinese this is correct, for foreigners it is not.
That first article is for Overseas Chinese which I am not. The title of the article even says so: 海外华人!
As a foreigner coming back to Beijing, they specifically mention 14+7+7 several times, and it's a STRICTLY enforced "stay inside" for the whole last 7 days at my apartment. Water and food is brought to the front door.
Chinese could go outside, foreigners can NOT.
I doubt it. All quarantine policies have been based on origin of travel, not nationality. A random link from qq.com is not trustworthy.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tauphi
I doubt it. All quarantine policies have been based on origin of travel, not nationality. A random link from qq.com is not trustworthy.
Since the last 7 days at your apartment is likely enforced by your neighborhood committee. I’d guess it comes down to how much of the “foreigners are spreading Covid everywhere” propaganda your neighborhood committee ingested and how much they like you.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by gudugan
oh wow, any source on the foreigner info?

all the chinese news just assumes that one is chinese, and the western news that I read doesn't really report on this
I doubt it. All quarantine policies have been based on origin of travel, not nationality.
I'm currently going through the process, and it's stated on the numerous documents/forms that need to be signed.
Also conveyed by the agent that's doing some of the legwork in Beijing, in addition to the co-workers where I work.
They were quite explicit about this difference.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Since the last 7 days at your apartment is likely enforced by your neighborhood committee. I’d guess it comes down to how much of the “foreigners are spreading Covid everywhere” propaganda your neighborhood committee ingested and how much they like you.
I suspect THAT is the main reason for the difference. To save themselves all the headache of worried village folk, they simply won't allow the foreigners outside for the 7 days.
I was pretty much one of the only foreigners in the whole area anyway, so it's going to be easy to enforce!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by narvik
I suspect THAT is the main reason for the difference. To save themselves all the headache of worried village folk, they simply won't allow the foreigners outside for the 7 days.
I was pretty much one of the only foreigners in the whole area anyway, so it's going to be easy to enforce!
My lease expires TODAY, but I got a one day extension. During my quarantine period, I will get another apartment, and will need to rely upon friends like travelinmanS to check it out (I will pay for this service). I'm moving to a hotel near Laowai Jie tomorrow, and the Dallas flight is Tuesday.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
What if you get infected and end up getting the anal probing anyway?
Vaccines don’t prevent infection very well so I’m getting anal-yzed regardless in that case.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by moondog
During my quarantine period, I will get another apartment, and will need to rely upon friends like travelinmanS to check it out (I will pay for this service).
Could one just get an Airbnb or something for a week or two? Would that be sufficient for the process?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I am going back to China end of next week. I will be doing the following:

14 days in isolation at assigned Quarantine hotel in Shanghai
7 days at a hotel in Shanghai after being released from the 14-day isolated quarantine.
7 days at my service apartment in Beijing.

My question for those who may experienced the similar situation is the 7-day Shanghai hotel before returning to Beijing:

Will all the commercially operated Shanghai hotels allow me to stay with a green code after being cleared the 14-day isolated quarantine?

I have read mixed responses on various blogs, but will try here for Flyertalkers' experience.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Sure, but that again has nothing to do with nationality. If anything they'll probably base it on what you look like
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Will all the commercially operated Shanghai hotels allow me to stay with a green code after being cleared the 14-day isolated quarantine?
Not a direct answer to your question but you may not even have a green code. When I left quarantine in Shanghai (at the time the requirement was simply 14 days) my QR code turned out to be red and I only found out when I got to the check-in desk at the next hotel.

Luckily they accepted my end-of-quarantine certificate and negative PCR result that you get just before you leave quarantine.

I then appealed through the AliPay app (apparently a false red code is a regular occurrence) and the code turned green the next morning.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got my second dose of Sinopharm yesterday, and they also hooked me up with Klonopin (only y6.8 for 21 pills!). PCR test needs to wait until tomorrow.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I am going back to China end of next week. I will be doing the following:

14 days in isolation at assigned Quarantine hotel in Shanghai
7 days at a hotel in Shanghai after being released from the 14-day isolated quarantine.
7 days at my service apartment in Beijing.

My question for those who may experienced the similar situation is the 7-day Shanghai hotel before returning to Beijing:

I have read mixed responses on various blogs, but will try here for Flyertalkers' experience.
I know two people who got hotels in shanghai for the last 7 days after the quarantine just last month. It shouldn’t be an issue. Of course it makes sense to call the hotel and let them know your plans. You’ll have plenty of free time in the first 14 days to do so.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
The certificate of quarantine release and the final test paperwork are your most prized possession for the first 30 days in China. Western chain hotels will all accept this in shanghai.

Make sure you have a China SIM card waiting for you in quarantine though. I assume you already have one of those.
tauphi likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: Air China Phoenix Miles
Originally Posted by moondog
I got my second dose of Sinopharm yesterday, and they also hooked me up with Klonopin (only y6.8 for 21 pills!). PCR test needs to wait until tomorrow.
Can I ask where your getting your PCR test, for my trip back to the uk next month someone recommended that I go to one of the Parkway clinics...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.