Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Maybe I won’t be taking any vaccine after all if it makes the experience somehow worse. Pretty amazing.
From what it says in the article I'd bet the German guy got such poor treatment because he has seemingly been coming and going as he pleases (5 times in a year). They want to teach him a lesson.

Nonetheless it is a disturbing trend and not a good sign for those of us with hopes to leave and return sometime this year.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by moondog
You're looking Y200 (plus the cost of going to/from hospitals with open time slots). This is a small price to pay for improving your odds of getting a green code when you come back.
It sounds like it will improve my odds of getting anal prodded in a Chinese hospital.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
From what it says in the article I'd bet the German guy got such poor treatment because he has seemingly been coming and going as he pleases (5 times in a year). They want to teach him a lesson.

Nonetheless it is a disturbing trend and not a good sign for those of us with hopes to leave and return sometime this year.
Maybe, but I honestly doubt they even have a system in place to identify and execute that kind of punishment. The health codes between provinces don’t even communicate correctly, and the consulates SF and LA don’t even follow the same rules. Since all the testing and covid crap occurs before you cross immigration, I doubt anyone there even had a clue who he was. Plus it said some of his Chinese pals got the same anal treatments and hospital quarantine.

I could be wrong, it’s such a mystery box.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL

I'll give it a shot (pun intended). He got his Chinese vaccine after his previous entry to China and before the most recent one. Because of the vaccine he shows antibodies and regardless of vaccination status everyone with positive antibodies is bundled off to the hospital for "processing", new policy. No one making the policy considered the possibility of people testing positive because of vaccination or if they did, chose to ignore it.

What a glutton for punishment, FIVE TIMES in quarantine in China!
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by moondog
I was simply planning on calling the NYC consulate because Boston is part of its domain.
Does calling even work? I thought it was ONLY email correspondence nowadays.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:52 am

Out of these three things:

1) Going from U.S. to China with Work Permit and VISA
2) Coming back to U.S. after some months in China
3) Returning to China after some months in the U.S.

What are the current procedures for 2) and 3)?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
Out of these three things:

1) Going from U.S. to China with Work Permit and VISA
2) Coming back to U.S. after some months in China
3) Returning to China after some months in the U.S.

What are the current procedures for 2) and 3)?
What’s the point of listing number 1?😂

Going to USA from China requires you to be eligible to enter and have a Covid test a few days before your flight. Once you’re in...freedom!

Returning to China will require the Covid tests within 48 hours of departure, the green code given by the consulate after your Covid test, a few Covid tests upon landing in China, a 2-3 week isolation style hotel quarantine and a few more Covid tests. After about 3-4weeks depending on the destination city..freedom!

The whole experience (flights, tests and quarantine) will likely run north of $10 grand.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Air China Phoenix Miles
A bit of clarity....

https://enapp.globaltimes.cn/#/article/1227489

Inbound travelers to Shanghai, no matter whether vaccinated or not, are all required to undergo quarantine for a number of days and receive COVID-19 nucleic acid tests, a source at Shanghai's health authority told the Global Times on Wednesday.

The source responded to an article published by the South China Morning Post on Tuesday, which quoted the Spanish consulate in Shanghai as saying some foreign citizens who have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines "are being put in hospital…for three or four days upon arrival in China."

The source said that as far as he knows, Shanghai's current entry policy on inbound visitors that are vaccinated "is the same" as those who have not been vaccinated.

"Although I'm not very clear about the policy details, I've never heard that one can be free from nucleic acid tests after being vaccinated," the source told the Global Times.

This comes from a so called "source" who admits he is not very clear of the policy details....
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by steveb1955

Inbound travelers to Shanghai, no matter whether vaccinated or not, are all required to undergo quarantine for a number of days and receive COVID-19 nucleic acid tests, a source at Shanghai's health authority told the Global Times on Wednesday.

The source responded to an article published by the South China Morning Post on Tuesday, which quoted the Spanish consulate in Shanghai as saying some foreign citizens who have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines "are being put in hospital…for three or four days upon arrival in China."

The source said that as far as he knows, Shanghai's current entry policy on inbound visitors that are vaccinated "is the same" as those who have not been vaccinated.

"Although I'm not very clear about the policy details, I've never heard that one can be free from nucleic acid tests after being vaccinated," the source told the Global Times.

This comes from a so called "source" who admits he is not very clear of the policy details....
I've read from one of the consulate websites (can't remember which country). It said that vaccinated passengers had to attach their vaccination certificate when applying for the green code, as the antibody test result will be positive.

I'm not sure if this applies to all consulates and embassies.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:36 am
Suspended

One of my coworkers just arrived into shanghai and into quarantine yesterday. She remained unvaccinated just to avoid this kind of thing.

Another vaccinated coworker arrived into shanghai in May, but did not have any extra hurdles. He did test positive for IgM and attached his CDC card to the green code app. Otherwise no peep about it.

Sounds like the takeaway is that they don’t care about your lack of vaccine, and occasionally the stars will align and your positive antibody test upsets someone and you’re sent in for anal prodding.

Im trending heavily towards not getting vaccinated.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:02 am

What’s the point of listing number 1?😂

Going to USA from China requires you to be eligible to enter and have a Covid test a few days before your flight. Once you’re in...freedom!

Returning to China will require the Covid tests within 48 hours of departure, the green code given by the consulate after your Covid test, a few Covid tests upon landing in China, a 2-3 week isolation style hotel quarantine and a few more Covid tests. After about 3-4weeks depending on the destination city..freedom!
Cheers. I was specifically concerned about LEAVING and RE-ENTRING China, as I was under the impression that this could cause some issues.

By the way; the quarantine for Beijing is: 14+7+7; the last 7 days is at home under strict "do-not-leave-apartment" quarantine!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by steveb1955

Yeah, interesting that the main complaint from the Spanish consulate was not addressed at all.
Their contentious issue wasn't the quarantine or the testing per se, but the forced admission to a hospital for 48 to 72 hours.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
By the way; the quarantine for Beijing is: 14+7+7; the last 7 days is at home under strict "do-not-leave-apartment" quarantine!
https://new.qq.com/omn/20210629/20210629A05P1E00.html
https://new.qq.com/rain/a/20210617A0BE4O00

This (29 June 2021) says 14 days quarantine and then 7 days home quarantine and then 7 days of health monitoring.
If you enter Beijing from another place, then you have to have 21 days of quarantine and then 7 days of health monitoring.
Health monitoring just means that you have to do some tests every so often, but can go outside.

Is there any port of entry with just 14 days quarantine?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
https://new.qq.com/omn/20210629/20210629A05P1E00.html
https://new.qq.com/rain/a/20210617A0BE4O00

This (29 June 2021) says 14 days quarantine and then 7 days home quarantine and then 7 days of health monitoring.
If you enter Beijing from another place, then you have to have 21 days of quarantine and then 7 days of health monitoring.
Health monitoring just means that you have to do some tests every so often, but can go outside.
(bolding mine)

Cheers.
For Chinese this is correct, for foreigners it is not.
That first article is for Overseas Chinese which I am not. The title of the article even says so: 海外华人!
As a foreigner coming back to Beijing, they specifically mention 14+7+7 several times, and it's a STRICTLY enforced "stay inside" for the whole last 7 days at my apartment. Water and food is brought to the front door.
Chinese could go outside, foreigners can NOT.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
oh wow, any source on the foreigner info?

all the chinese news just assumes that one is chinese, and the western news that I read doesn't really report on this
tauphi and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.