Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by YariGuy
I'm booked on UA858 on Thursday, 3/31. Getting out of here.

I'm in Puxi, so I can go get the PCR test today, then make my way to PVG tomorrow. I'm thinking my best bet is the Airport Line 1 bus from Hongqiao. Currently there's conflicting information on bus frequency. I'm working on confirming that right now.

Flight itself looks pretty empty, at least in J.

Fingers crossed on getting out of here hours before Puxi lockdown.
still waitlisted for PZ ?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kb1992
still waitlisted for PZ ?
I bought J directly (for me and my son). Didn't want to take any chances, plus I have 0 status with United. If it were just me I would have seen if there were friends with upgrade instruments to share, but lockdown was coming, distance learning is not ending, and I just wanted out ASAP.
joesk and narvik like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I'm booked on UA858 on Thursday, 3/31. Getting out of here.

I'm in Puxi, so I can go get the PCR test today, then make my way to PVG tomorrow. I'm thinking my best bet is the Airport Line 1 bus from Hongqiao. Currently there's conflicting information on bus frequency. I'm working on confirming that right now.

Flight itself looks pretty empty, at least in J.

Fingers crossed on getting out of here hours before Puxi lockdown.
Good luck and hope you get out! Keep us posted.
I have done the Hongqiao to Pudong bus. Great peaceful ride and cheap. Hope it runs smoothly.
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought J directly (for me and my son). Didn't want to take any chances, plus I have 0 status with United. If it were just me I would have seen if there were friends with upgrade instruments to share, but lockdown was coming, distance learning is not ending, and I just wanted out ASAP.
Smart decision.

March 31 UA 858 : J is booked 49/60 with lot of people on upgrade list.

Without status you might miss the upgrade!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Good luck and hope you get out! Keep us posted.
I have done the Hongqiao to Pudong bus. Great peaceful ride and cheap. Hope it runs smoothly.
We called the bus operator and he said the Hongqiao Pudong bus is packed now, with hours-long lines. He suggested a couple of others (line 2, 4, or 5). We're going to take line 4, from Hongkou Longemont.

(Moderator, this maybe we need to split this into a "exiting China" thread)
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We called the bus operator and he said the Hongqiao Pudong bus is packed now, with hours-long lines. He suggested a couple of others (line 2, 4, or 5). We're going to take line 4, from Hongkou Longemont.

(Moderator, this maybe we need to split this into a "exiting China" thread)
Good luck! I’ve been seeing others in my we chat moments who have been posting pics from pudong bragging about getting out so I guess it’s possible! Hope it all goes smooth.

It’s a complete mess here at the moment. I can’t believe they did this to their supposedly global city.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
The NZ flight PVG-AKL might actually fly on the 5th, but now all flights BJS-PVG are cancelling.

Is there a way to get from SHA -----> PVG???
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
The NZ flight PVG-AKL might actually fly on the 5th, but now all flights BJS-PVG are cancelling.

The bus is running now. No word if it will still run from 3am tomorrow morning when they put all of puxi in jail.

Just like you’re winging it to get out of here, the government it likewise winging it with their lockdown. They change things all the time so what you hear today likely isn’t relevant tomorrow. Most important is they keep a baozi loving man happy, locked up citizens with no food don’t matter so I doubt they’re worrying too much about some guy trying to get to Auckland.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:59 pm

As far as I know there is, at least at the moment. It is Airport (bus) Line 1 (机场一线). What the operator told me though was that there's oftentimes hours-long queues.

And, as TravelinmanS says, rules are changing all the time. I'm leaving in a couple of hours to ride one of the airport buses. Will report back once I'm settled in the lounge.
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
...I doubt they’re worrying too much about some guy trying to get to Auckland.
I am less concerned about them being worried about it, and more about whether it's possible or not!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am less concerned about them being worried about it, and more about whether it's possible or not!
They posted a few hours ago on the shanghai we chat account that it seems busses are going to be available from hongqiao to PVG during the puxi lockdown. You’ll need a ticket and a test result to board. Don’t take this as definite info but it looks promising.

You should definitely follow 上海发布 on wechat and look up the most updated info.

Good luck!
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
They posted a few hours ago on the shanghai we chat account that it seems busses are going to be available from hongqiao to PVG during the puxi lockdown. You’ll need a ticket and a test result to board. Don’t take this as definite info but it looks promising.

You should definitely follow 上海发布 on wechat and look up the most updated info.

Good luck!
I saw that.

SHA to PVG definitely offers bus service. I think taxi is off the table.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:47 pm

As far as I know there is, at least at the moment. It is Airport (bus) Line 1 (机场一线). What the operator told me though was that there's oftentimes hours-long queues.

And, as TravelinmanS says, rules are changing all the time. I'm leaving in a couple of hours to ride one of the airport buses. Will report back once I'm settled in the lounge.
I hope you made it on the flight alright? I see the flight is out on its way.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
The pictures of food rationing in shanghai have been funny and sad.
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by GloballyServiced; Apr 3, 2022 at 11:46 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Yummy

https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/2204023906/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.