Reload this Page >

Connecting In China / Quarantine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting In China / Quarantine

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:08 am

If anyone is traveling to Beijing soon, here is the procedure now: https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...you-can-expect
lsquare and plunet like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: various
Here is some additional information specifically for international arrivals into Beijing Capital Airport (PEK), which is using T3-D for all incoming processing from "high risk" countries. You can read the article for what countries those are, at least as of that writing. I expect China to add more countries to this list very soon, possibly including much of Europe and the USA.

https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...h-risk-flights
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:02 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
I expect China to add more countries to this list very soon, possibly including much of Europe and the USA.

https://www.thebeijinger.com/blog/20...h-risk-flights[/QUOTE]

I would expect China to place a complete ban on entry. Now that it's somewhat being supressed, why push your luck.

"Fourteen of the last 20 confirmed Beijing infections have arrived from abroad"....easily avoidable shut down all borders.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:08 am

Does anyone know the quarantine requirements for Shanghai and Guangdong? HK has 14-day quarantine for all arrivals. Would it be possible to fly TPE-PVG-SZX/CAN instead to avoid quarantine for someone who has been in Canada?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Schweden
Does anyone know the quarantine requirements for Shanghai and Guangdong? HK has 14-day quarantine for all arrivals. Would it be possible to fly TPE-PVG-SZX/CAN instead to avoid quarantine for someone who has been in Canada?
Quarantine only required in Shanghai and Shenzhen/Guangzhou for arrivals who have recently been in certain countries. Canada is not on the list.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by bobbytables
Quarantine only required in Shanghai and Shenzhen/Guangzhou for arrivals who have recently been in certain countries. Canada is not on the list.
...yet
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Schweden
From all countries now? For real?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by lsquare
YES
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
YES
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
yes, but for arrivals who’ve been in most countries it’s a home (or other accom) quarantine. For the high-risk countries I think it’s still a quarantine centre.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Any information for people who are traveling from inside China to Beijing? Is there a quarantine requirement? I've been in Heilongjiang since last October and wanted to visit an embassy (passport renewal) in the next week or two.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanpodge
Any information for people who are traveling from inside China to Beijing? Is there a quarantine requirement? I've been in Heilongjiang since last October and wanted to visit an embassy (passport renewal) in the next week or two.
I’m curious about this too but I think from the information I’m hearing secondhand you probably are going to have to quarantine. Are you and American citizen? If so I’d shoot for the consulate in Shenyang as they may be more lenient than the capital especially if arriving from another city in dongbei.
lsquare and seanpodge like this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Another possibility might be the consulate at Shanghai. In fact, start by looking at your country's list of consulates in China and possibly even Hong Kong and nearby countries, noting that entry and quarantine requirements can change very quickly.
seanpodge likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Another possibility might be the consulate at Shanghai. In fact, start by looking at your country's list of consulates in China and possibly even Hong Kong and nearby countries, noting that entry and quarantine requirements can change very quickly.
Many hotels here in Shanghai are either closed (e.g. 12 Hengshan), or do not accept foreign guests (e.g Tianping Hotel...right next to my compound). There are still options though. Check ctrip

Shanghai is honestly pretty nice now...no people. The problem is that you are likely face quarantine both here and upon return to your home country.

Talking with consulate folks is a waste of time; Shenyang may well be a better option than Beijing or Shanghai, but you won't give any love there

Last edited by moondog; Mar 21, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Old Mar 21, 2020, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
Many hotels here in Shanghai are either closed (e.g. 12 Hengshan), or do not accept foreign guests (e.g Tianping Hotel...right next to my compound). There are still options though. Check ctrip

Shanghai is honestly pretty nice now...no people. The problem is that you are likely face quarantine both here and upon return to your home country.

Talking with consulate folks is a waste of time; Shenyang may well be a better option than Beijing or Shanghai, but you won't give any love there
I bet, but that's probably true anywhere. Before the travel restrictions became widespread, I can't recalled a time where I've seen this few people in Hong Kong before. There was elbow room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.