Reload this Page >

Connecting In China / Quarantine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting In China / Quarantine

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:36 am

Cathay has now expanded the warning at the link above to specifically include passports issued in Zhejiang.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by 889
Cathay has now expanded the warning at the link above to specifically include passports issued in Zhejiang.
MH or CX?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:33 am

I said Cathay and I meant Cathay, as a simple click on the Cathay link I posted above would have verified.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:50 am

Thought you were referring to the post immediately upthread to your most recent post...

tb
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite 50K (Star Alliance Gold)
So I’m not going until mid-April, and I’m hoping this has settled out by then. Having said that.... Flying YVR to HKT with a layover in PEK. What are the risks? Odds of acquiring the virus are extraordinarily low. I am far more concerned about catching influenza in a shopping mall in Calgary. I think most of us know influenza puts you at far greater risk....

I’m thinking more in terms of what will the Thai Government do? Will I be allowed to enter after transiting PEK? What about on the way home? Same thing. Will the Canadian Government want to quarantine me?

Last edited by Bucko911; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:01 am Reason: Grammar error
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:30 am

That's 8 weeks away. 8 weeks ago, no-one knew what was causing this disease and outside of Wuhan, noone even knew about it....

Risks of getting the virus today is low, perhaps Canada will be a hotbed by then, who knows. Suggest revisiting plans end of March.

tb
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
As of today, what is Singapore and Malaysia's policy for transiting through PVG for US passport holders? FYI, I haven't been to the Mainland since December 2019 with my last visit to Asia being in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by lsquare
As of today, what is Singapore and Malaysia's policy for transiting through PVG for US passport holders? FYI, I haven't been to the Mainland since December 2019 with my last visit to Asia being in Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago.
For Singapore you will be denied entry or transit.

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/e...-covid-19.html

Visitors travelling from China, Iran, Northern Italy and Republic of Korea1
  1. All new visitors with recent travel history to Mainland China, Iran, Northern Italy2 and Republic of Korea within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or to transit through Singapore.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by invisible; Mar 4, 2020 at 9:58 pm
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:05 pm

While not as official as the government link above, the Singapore Airlines website has a slightly more readable summary of the current travel restrictions: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=is5rire4

It includes this entry which makes the situation on transiting in China clear:
  • All new visitors who have travelled to mainland China (not including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) within the last 14 days, will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore. This will include travellers who transit in mainland China to Singapore regardless of the duration and whether they had cleared immigration in China.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:08 pm

So the question is - why would anyone transit thru China now?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invisible
For Singapore you will be denied entry or transit.

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/e...-covid-19.html

Visitors travelling from China, Iran, Northern Italy and Republic of Korea1
  1. All new visitors with recent travel history to Mainland China, Iran, Northern Italy2 and Republic of Korea within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or to transit through Singapore.
Originally Posted by bobbytables
While not as official as the government link above, the Singapore Airlines website has a slightly more readable summary of the current travel restrictions: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=is5rire4

It includes this entry which makes the situation on transiting in China clear:
  • All new visitors who have travelled to mainland China (not including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) within the last 14 days, will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore. This will include travellers who transit in mainland China to Singapore regardless of the duration and whether they had cleared immigration in China.
Thanks. You guys are the best. I guess I won't be touching Mainland China anytime soon.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:18 pm

So the question is - why would anyone transit thru China now?
I would transit in any mainland airport outside Hubei without hesitation, if it wasn’t for the travel restrictions.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:18 pm

Thanks. You guys are the best. I guess I won't be touching Mainland China anytime soon.
That's what moondog said in the main thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32124742-post2995.html
Apart from professional photographers (who might never live to see China with so little pollution) and those who have extremely compelling reasons, I advise all of you to avoid visiting until the dust settles
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what moondog said in the main thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32124742-post2995.html
I might have to take back what I said earlier. I'm really wondering if it's wise to avoid transiting through China if the price is right? What is Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam's policies on transiting through Mainland China?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:20 pm

I might have to take back what I said earlier. I'm really wondering if it's wise to avoid transiting through China if the price is right? What is Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam's policies on transiting through Mainland China?
I thought Cambodia had no restrictions at all on travel from mainland China? I know several people who’ve gone there for their 14 day period outside mainland China before going somewhere else.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.