Search

singapore airlines then air canada in PEK, separate ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan
singapore airlines then air canada in PEK, separate ticket

business trip
I want to book SIN-PEK, PEK-PVR on two separate ticket. my understanding (from reading on FT) is that luggage might need to be re-checked. Not a huge problem for me, as i can travel lightly with out a checked luggage. I am worried about customs/immigration at PEK, which could be slow and annoying (Canadian passport with Chinese VISA). Arrival: 14:50; Departure: 17:50.

Anyone knows if i need to clear immigration?
thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by magic18
business trip
I want to book SIN-PEK, PEK-PVR on two separate ticket. my understanding (from reading on FT) is that luggage might need to be re-checked. Not a huge problem for me, as i can travel lightly with out a checked luggage. I am worried about customs/immigration at PEK, which could be slow and annoying (Canadian passport with Chinese VISA). Arrival: 14:50; Departure: 17:50.

Anyone knows if i need to clear immigration?
thanks!
This is more a PEK question. I am moving the thread to the forum on "China".

cxfan1960
SQ Mod
Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:54 am

Both airlines are in terminal 3. You just pass security. Minimum connecting time is one hour so you have a ton of time.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JPDM
Both airlines are in terminal 3. You just pass security. Minimum connecting time is one hour so you have a ton of time.
SIN-PEK still gets delayed due to flow control on occasion because it uses the busiest air corridor in China (HKG-SZX-CAN-CSX-WUH), but the delay situation is much better these days than it was several years ago.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
More generally, PEK is subject to a lot of delays, supposedly due to weather and ATC as well as military exercises that block the airspace.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
More generally, PEK is subject to a lot of delays, supposedly due to weather and ATC as well as military exercises that block the airspace.
1. The 3 minute spacing is still a big deal because if your flight misses its slot, it might need to divert to Tianjin
2. The military exercises have toned down A LOT, to the extent that they are almost a non issue on the key trunk routes
3. With most Skyteam (+CZ) flights moving to PKX, PEK might get enough breathing room to be efficient

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.