Wiki Posts
Search

Best lounge in CTU (T2 & T1) ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Best lounge in CTU (T2 & T1) ?

My Priority pass offers 5 lounges in T2 and 2 in T1. Is one lounge better than the rest?

Also, I'm flying Hainan J CTU-LAX. Are lounges offered with your ticket usually better than Priority pass lounges?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They all suck. Sit at an empty gate and buy a Starbucks.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
They all suck. Sit at an empty gate and buy a Starbucks.
Of course I agree with you that 99% of the airport lounges in China aren't worth even a glance, but in most cases, it's possible to do a little better than Starbucks, McD's, KFC, or Dico's. My personal SOP is to scout out the most attractive restaurant in the vicinity of my gate, and take the plunge after confirming that cold beer is on offer. While this typically entails paying through the nose, we're never talking big bucks in the grand scheme, and it's pretty easy to rationalize the cost, based on the fact that neither gate areas nor lounges offer the same level of comfort.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
You are leaving from Terminal 1, international departures area. I only see one lounge with PP access. Many airlines use it, it's OK but many of the electrical outlets don't work. Nearly all airlines use this lounge and I honestly don't remember seeing another one.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:45 pm

The Air China / Shenzhen lounge (not sure which brand it actually it is - the one you get access flying *A as *G in general..) in the domestic terminal is a rather solid product. Sure, it's not a place one would enjoy staying several hours, but for an hour wait, it is perfectly reasonable. Food (during meal times - tried breakfast and lunch) is better than what you'd expect, beer is cold and snacks are on the better side of what you can get in a lounge. Besides that, the design is attractive, seats are comfortable and even when crowded during rush hour, it doesn't feel like a zoo.

But no access to you on an international flight I'm afraid

Domestic lounges at new airports run by airlines have reached levels (mostly..) that I'd consider them to be fine for what their job is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.