Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Which Skyteam program to redeem from for intra-China flight?

Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist

Delta and Air France are the most popular, and they charge 35k and 23k miles roundtrip, respectively (for a CZ flight). Fees are minimal.

Amex transfer partners:Aeromexico and Alitalia don't allow booking China awards online.

Citi has Garuda as a partner, but they want you to call in to make any award booking - fuggedaboutit !
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What ffp's are you a member of? Or can get from an Amex MR transfer?
Amex MR Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program?

https://www.awardhacker.com/
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have been doing Delta. While it's true that the miles are close to worthless, they don't expire, and it's pretty easy to score gold.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:07 am

I just realised that you are interested in redeeming. I almost never redeem intra-China awards because cash fares are cheap. SHA-HKG is an exception.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Living in the US seems to give you endless amount of Amex, Chase, Citi points. I ended up booking CTU-DCY return using 23k Air France miles. Trip.com fare was $480 - Ctrip is pretty much always the lowest price right?

DCY <- Just realized it's the highest airport in the world at 14.4k ft. All the departures and arrivals happen before 1pm !
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Living in the US seems to give you endless amount of Amex, Chase, Citi points. I ended up booking CTU-DCY return using 23k Air France miles. Trip.com fare was $480 - Ctrip is pretty much always the lowest price right?

DCY <- Just realized it's the highest airport in the world at 14.4k ft. All the departures and arrivals happen before 1pm !
That was definitely a good redemption.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.