Wiki Posts
Search

Fingerprinting: Is Once Enough?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Fingerprinting: Is Once Enough?

When entering China (at PEK and other borders) on a foreign passport, fingerprints are taken at an automated (GE style) kiosk prior to immigration. Now that I’ve been fingerprinted, do I need to complete the fingerprint process upon future entries (with my current passport)?

Or can I proceed directly to the line for the immigration counters on future entries?

I’ve been going to the kiosk every time, and it would be nice to be able to skip it.
Old May 18, 2019, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by swingaling
When entering China (at PEK and other borders) on a foreign passport, fingerprints are taken at an automated (GE style) kiosk prior to immigration. Now that I’ve been fingerprinted, do I need to complete the fingerprint process upon future entries (with my current passport)?

Or can I proceed directly to the line for the immigration counters on future entries?

I’ve been going to the kiosk every time, and it would be nice to be able to skip it.
Once is enough.
swingaling and drewguy like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Once is enough.
Is it once per entry point or once at any entry point? For instance, being finger printed at PVG will allow me to, say, skip PEK/CAN?
Old May 18, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Is it once per entry point or once at any entry point? For instance, being finger printed at PVG will allow me to, say, skip PEK/CAN?
Any entry point. Once your prints are in the system, there is no need to redo the drill.
Old May 18, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Just came through PVG the other day after giving prints at both PEK and PVG the past six months. No need to stop at the kiosks when approaching the Immigration area. There is a sign there stating if you were printed before, you can go straight to the Immigration booth. They will take your left 4 finger prints at the Immigration booth with your photo.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
I keep a copy of the "OK" slip the machine prints after your fingerprints are scanned and have it ready to show when bypassing that area. I am nearly always stopped and just show it.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by uanj
I keep a copy of the "OK" slip the machine prints after your fingerprints are scanned and have it ready to show when bypassing that area. I am nearly always stopped and just show it.
Yet another reason why eChannel is a godsend.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by uanj
I had done that, but lost mine at some point . . . will see what happens on next visit.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
+1. That's my recent experience with entry points at CAN, NNG, SZX.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Is there a phrase for "my fingerprints are on file" when directed to the kiosk. I've visited the kiosks twice now.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Is there a phrase for "my fingerprints are on file" when directed to the kiosk. I've visited the kiosks twice now.
I did it once and was never asked again afterwards.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:27 pm

“Is there a phrase for 'my fingerprints are on file' when directed to the kiosk."

我已经通过。

Wo yijing tongguo.

I've already been through it.

(The key word to stress is yijing "already".)
CDKing likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
I had done that, but lost mine at some point . . . will see what happens on next visit.
You don't really need that piece of paper. Just tell them you've already been fingerprinted if you are stopped. I threw mine away after a couple of inbound trips.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by tauphi
You don't really need that piece of paper. Just tell them you've already been fingerprinted if you are stopped. I threw mine away after a couple of inbound trips.
Didn't work for me last month in Qingdao. Guy physically blocked me from entering the lane without going to the scanner. No reasoning possible and obviously wasn't going to argue or cause a scene. I'll be holding on to my paper from now on
Old May 23, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by gpia
Didn't work for me last month in Qingdao. Guy physically blocked me from entering the lane without going to the scanner. No reasoning possible and obviously wasn't going to argue or cause a scene. I'll be holding on to my paper from now on
That's been my experience, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.