Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SilverChris

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/NYjcvhsPT2KTfXpC9

Official website:

https://www.bdia.com.cn/#/

Which airlines will operate from Daxing?

The major Chinese airlines are reported to receive the following proportions of flights:
  • CZ China Southern: 40%
  • MU China Eastern: 30%
  • CA Air China: 10%
Reports of other airlines confirmed to be serving Daxing are listed below:
  • Finnair: 3x weekly to HEL (source)
  • British Airways: daily to LHR from 27 Oct 2019 (replacing existing PEK service and operating the same schedule) (source)
  • LOT: 4x weekly to WAW from 28 Oct 2019 (source)
  • Malaysia Airlines: daily to KUL from 31 Dec 2019 (source)
  • SWISS: daily (5x weekly in winter) to ZRH from 28 Mar 2020 (source)
Lounges:
Planned Ground Transport Links

Intercity Rail:
  • Beijing-Xiong'an intercity railway: Beijing West -> Daxing Airport -> Xiong'an
    • The section between Daxing Airport and Beijing West will operate at 250 km/h, with a 20 minute travel time
    • Expected to open September 2019
  • Intercity Railway Connector: Daxing Airport -> Capital Airport T3 (PEK)
    • Phase 1 (Daxing Airport -> Langfang East) to be completed by December 2022
    • Phase 2 (Langfang East -> Capital Airport -> Nanfaxin) is still in the planning phase
    • When complete, the rail will go east toward Langfang before turning north toward Capital Airport, bypassing the central Beijing core
    • Speed will be 200 km/h with 8 planned stations between PKX and PEK (travel times unknown)
Subway (link to subway map):
  • New Airport Express: Daxing Airport -> Caoqiao
    • Phase 1 (Daxing Airport -> Caoqiao) to be completed by September 2019
      • Speed will be 160 km/h and length of Phase 1 is 41.4km.
      • Travel time from PKX to Caoqiao is 19 minutes
      • Caoqiao station connects to Line 10 (and Line 19 in 2021)
      • PKX - Caoqiao tickets are priced at RMB35 (standard class) or RMB50 (business class)
    • Phase 2 (Caoqiao -> Lize Business District) -- under planning
      • Lize Business District station will connect to Lines 14 & 16
    • Eventually, a second station at PKX, Daxing Airport South, will be added. Presumably when a second terminal is built.
  • Line 20 (Line R4): Capital Airport T3 -> Xinghuo -> Beijing station -> Daxing Airport
    • Express line with 18 stations
    • Currently in the planning stages for long-term development

Print Wikipost

The Daxing (Beijing - PKX) airport thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
Maybe. Are you referring to those expensive machines that do the virtual strip search? If so, I'm certainly not an expert in the area, but I thought only the US government bought into them....and, their procurers were/are cozy with the suppliers, but I digress. In China, the SOP is metal detectors plus a free massage, and I can't recall hearing any complaints.
Yes. They keep saying the radio wave can no way hurt you - which is probably true. However, I just have this image of the machine goes crazy and starts microwaving me when I am in it

I seem to remember they have them in LHR also?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, supposedly some of the parking spaces will be automated: https://v.qq.com/x/page/c0764t7jnme.html
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a decent number of videos and information on Youtube now about the airport - some of them kind of propaganda-ish as this is really the project that shows how good China is for the 70th anniversary of the PRC. This one is pretty good if you can understand Chinese:

One thing they say is that it will be paperless - no boarding pass. A picture is taken when you check in so it knows who is on what flight. Even at the security checkpoint, a picture of your face is taken as you put your stuff in the bin.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
There are a decent number of videos and information on Youtube now about the airport - some of them kind of propaganda-ish as this is really the project that shows how good China is for the 70th anniversary of the PRC. This one is pretty good if you can understand Chinese:
<snip>

One thing they say is that it will be paperless - no boarding pass. A picture is taken when you check in so it knows who is on what flight. Even at the security checkpoint, a picture of your face is taken as you put your stuff in the bin.
Thanks for posting that video...hands down the most comprehensive overview I've seen to date.

A few comments:
-the facial recognition freaks me out a bit (especially when thinking about how it will surely be used in conjunction with our social credit scores); might take a while to get comfortable with this "new world order"
-<8 minutes from the main lobby to the furthest gate isn't so bad, and I will note that most of us probably have longer legs than the TV lady
-I didn't see any restaurants at all in the video, presumably because they aren't open yet, but this is a pretty important criteria for me; so many airports and train stations in China wouldn't be such horrible places if they provided decent food/drink options (I assume the lounges won't be any better than what we're currently used to)
-the airport express train looks pretty nice...too bad it doesn't go into town though (I know we've discussed this before)
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Here is the updated list of flights in and out of PKX so far:

• British Airways: Beijing to London Heathrow to start from October 28 2019
• China Southern Airlines: Beijing to Ho Chi Minh City to start from October 27 2019
• China United Airlines (subsidiary of China Eastern Airlines): Beijing to cities across China, including Changsha, Chengdu, Dalian, Guangzhou, Harbin, Kunming, Lanzhou, Shanghai Hongqiao, Shanghai Pudong, Shenzhen, Xiamen and many more, to start from September 30 2019
• Finnair: Beijing to Helsinki to start from November 3 2019
• LOT Polish Airlines: Beijing to Warsaw-Chopin to start from October 29 2019
• Malaysia Airlines: Beijing to Kuala Lumpur International Airport to start from December 31 2019

The BBC reports that a lot of other airlines are under "discussions" to move some flights there
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:01 am

Has anyone gotten any information about the lounges available at the new airport, especially for BA customers and/or Priority pass holders?
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The crazy thing is I can't even find the official website for the airport. Did they forget to build it?
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henmar
Has anyone gotten any information about the lounges available at the new airport, especially for BA customers and/or Priority pass holders?
I’m sure they will all be awesome! Well worth getting to the airport as close to flight time as possible ;-)
timesnaps likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 1:40 pm

The airport looks really stunning.

Sure, a few things are probably not going to work perfectly, at least at the start, but having built the airport in such a short time, without major problems (hello Istanbul), and opening on time (hello Berlin), and hopefully without baggage meltdown (hello London) is a huge achievement which shows how China is able to run large scale operation that other countries simply can't.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
It is interesting the they still use metal detectors instead of the scanners given their concern with security.
Question is, are they concerned with actual security, or with security theater? All of the security checks on the subways and train stations are mainly security theater, not actual security.
timesnaps likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A little off-topic but an interesting history of the Nan-Yuan Airport PKX is replacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCTh2bxUvA
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

A little off-topic but an interesting history of the Nan-Yuan Airport PKX is replacing.
I once had the misfortune of spending 9 hours in its terminal, during which they ran out of water. I thought about trying to bail, but it was seemingly impossible to get taxis to show up. Perhaps, it will have a better life as a mixed use development.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a lot more videos now. One from the architects who designed it:

Others in English or Chinese with Subtitle:

- really good but I can't find part 1

Some others in Chinese:

moondog likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCTh2bxUvA
I had no idea the history was so fascinating and its connection with aviation was so old. Thanks for sharing.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:59 am

There are a lot more videos now. One from the architects who designed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reSuEaTaMHU - really good but I can't find part 1
Part 1 is actually on the Skating Rink for Beijing 2022. It's a two-part series on upcoming architecture in the capital.
(
)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.