Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SilverChris

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/NYjcvhsPT2KTfXpC9

Official website:

https://www.bdia.com.cn/#/

Which airlines will operate from Daxing?

The major Chinese airlines are reported to receive the following proportions of flights:
  • CZ China Southern: 40%
  • MU China Eastern: 30%
  • CA Air China: 10%
Reports of other airlines confirmed to be serving Daxing are listed below:
  • Finnair: 3x weekly to HEL (source)
  • British Airways: daily to LHR from 27 Oct 2019 (replacing existing PEK service and operating the same schedule) (source)
  • LOT: 4x weekly to WAW from 28 Oct 2019 (source)
  • Malaysia Airlines: daily to KUL from 31 Dec 2019 (source)
  • SWISS: daily (5x weekly in winter) to ZRH from 28 Mar 2020 (source)
Lounges:
Planned Ground Transport Links

Intercity Rail:
  • Beijing-Xiong'an intercity railway: Beijing West -> Daxing Airport -> Xiong'an
    • The section between Daxing Airport and Beijing West will operate at 250 km/h, with a 20 minute travel time
    • Expected to open September 2019
  • Intercity Railway Connector: Daxing Airport -> Capital Airport T3 (PEK)
    • Phase 1 (Daxing Airport -> Langfang East) to be completed by December 2022
    • Phase 2 (Langfang East -> Capital Airport -> Nanfaxin) is still in the planning phase
    • When complete, the rail will go east toward Langfang before turning north toward Capital Airport, bypassing the central Beijing core
    • Speed will be 200 km/h with 8 planned stations between PKX and PEK (travel times unknown)
Subway (link to subway map):
  • New Airport Express: Daxing Airport -> Caoqiao
    • Phase 1 (Daxing Airport -> Caoqiao) to be completed by September 2019
      • Speed will be 160 km/h and length of Phase 1 is 41.4km.
      • Travel time from PKX to Caoqiao is 19 minutes
      • Caoqiao station connects to Line 10 (and Line 19 in 2021)
      • PKX - Caoqiao tickets are priced at RMB35 (standard class) or RMB50 (business class)
    • Phase 2 (Caoqiao -> Lize Business District) -- under planning
      • Lize Business District station will connect to Lines 14 & 16
    • Eventually, a second station at PKX, Daxing Airport South, will be added. Presumably when a second terminal is built.
  • Line 20 (Line R4): Capital Airport T3 -> Xinghuo -> Beijing station -> Daxing Airport
    • Express line with 18 stations
    • Currently in the planning stages for long-term development

Print Wikipost

The Daxing (Beijing - PKX) airport thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...t-rare-glimpse

The above article is 2 months old, but I missed the news, and haven't seen it discussed in any of the relevant threads here.

Summary:
-the original arrangement was ST, OW, and CZ ---> PKX; *A + CA/KA stay at PEK; MU and CZ get 40% (of total) slots each at PKX
-the May development entailed MU requesting to keep its current SHA-PEK schedule at PEK in exchange for giving 25% of their PKX allocation (or 10% total slots) to CA
-meanwhile, foreign carriers have been offered the opportunity to choose one airport or the other (i.e. not necessarily follow alliance party lines)
Old Jul 18, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-e...t-rare-glimpse

The above article is 2 months old, but I missed the news, and haven't seen it discussed in any of the relevant threads here.

Summary:
-the original arrangement was ST, OW, and CZ ---> PKX; *A + CA/KA stay at PEK; MU and CZ get 40% (of total) slots each at PKX
-the May development entailed MU requesting to keep its current SHA-PEK schedule at PEK in exchange for giving 25% of their PKX allocation (or 10% total slots) to CA
-meanwhile, foreign carriers have been offered the opportunity to choose one airport or the other (i.e. not necessarily follow alliance party lines)
Already linked in the wiki
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
Already linked in the wiki
Awesome; the wiki looks good!

I'm actually a bit surprised that CA wants to split operations, though simply taking 25% of MU's allocation may well be motivation enough.

I suppose it's conceivable that the airport itself could serve as a catalyst for development in surrounding areas. After all, it's doubtful that Wangjing would even be on the business radar, were it for its proximity to PEK.

The PKX transportation options look fairly promising, though I dislike the idea of being dropped off at Beijing West or a Line 10 station that I've never been to; Wangfujing/Jinbao Jie and Guomao would both be nice.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Lazy Saturday morning reading through random FT threads. This one is fantastic - with a wiki too. It's threads like this, where folks spend time/effort to provide info on something new, exciting (airport codes), and useful going forward, that keeps me participating on FT (at least in part). Thanks!

Cheers
Deltus likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium

WOW it's big
​​​​​​​Nice picture on the FT of the new airport. wonder where Delta will go ?

Last edited by Jiatong; Jul 24, 2019 at 6:29 am Reason: pic
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jiatong
WOW it's big
Nice picture on the FT of the new airport. wonder where Delta will go ?
In light of its JV with MU, DL will surely go to the new airport.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
In a slightly peculiar move, *A member airline LOT Polish Airlines have decided to operate flights to PKX. They will offer daily service to Beijing with 3 fights a week to PEK and 4 a week to PKX. I find it a bit odd since LOT are *A (although CA will have some domestic flights out of PKX that could be used as connections) and that surely many more slots will be available at PEK once MU, CZ et al move to PKX, so why split operations like that?

Routes Online

Also, it appears that Malaysian Airlines might be offering daily service to PKX.
moondog and Deltus like this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Also found this article from the CAAC WeChat account about a dress rehearsal held on July 19th. It is all in Chinese, but it does include a 5 minute video showing the process for passengers from arriving at PKX, going through an explosives check, check in, ID check, security and getting to the gate.
moondog likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although the dress rehearsal photos look nice, this place is gonna suck for one reason: It’s in Beijing. The city where they love to have the absolute strictest, most time consuming and asinine security procedures and boarding pass checks of anywhere I’ve been in China or abroad.

At least it seems they didn’t hire the same designers as SZX who decided everyone needed a mile of walking exercise before getting on the plane or to the baggage claim.
moondog and Jiatong like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Although the dress rehearsal photos look nice, this place is gonna suck for one reason: It’s in Beijing. The city where they love to have the absolute strictest, most time consuming and asinine security procedures and boarding pass checks of anywhere I’ve been in China or abroad.

At least it seems they didn’t hire the same designers as SZX who decided everyone needed a mile of walking exercise before getting on the plane or to the baggage claim.
Try flying in and out if MAN then see if you still think Beijing is so bad
Internaut likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by seanpodge
Also found this article from the CAAC WeChat account about a dress rehearsal held on July 19th. It is all in Chinese, but it does include a 5 minute video showing the process for passengers from arriving at PKX, going through an explosives check, check in, ID check, security and getting to the gate.
So in other words, exactly the same as PEK - long, repeating lines to get to the gate.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
So in other words, exactly the same as PEK - long, repeating lines to get to the gate.
Make sure you don’t have any coins in your carry on luggage at Beijing! I got delayed for 10 minutes as they scanned and re scanned my bags 3 times because I had a small ziplock with about 10 coins inside. Same coins has been in my bag for probably 2 years and been through about 100 airports (including PEK a few times) without incident. I asked the security guard if coins were very dangerous items....he chucked and shrugged his shoulders whilst his officious colleague re-scanned my bags for the 3rd time.

Beijing has lots to offer a tourist but crap like this plus the numerous subway checks puts me off making all but the absolutely necessary biz trips.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold

Make sure you don’t have any coins in your carry on luggage at Beijing! I got delayed for 10 minutes as they scanned and re scanned my bags 3 times because I had a small ziplock with about 10 coins inside. Same coins has been in my bag for probably 2 years and been through about 100 airports (including PEK a few times) without incident. I asked the security guard if coins were very dangerous items....he chucked and shrugged his shoulders whilst his officious colleague re-scanned my bags for the 3rd time.

Beijing has lots to offer a tourist but crap like this plus the numerous subway checks puts me off making all but the absolutely necessary biz trips.
Was I behind you at T3E yesterday morning at about 09:45?! In that super-slow queue waiting for a school party...? Or is PEK suddenly having a widespread crackdown on coinage?

I must admit I laughed when the security guy asked about coins... Fortunately they didn't notice that I had any in my wallet.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:52 am

Coins are also known as engine killers, especially when they are in the possession of an old Chinese lady.
SJOGuy likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE

I looked at the photo of the layout, and my first thought was "wow, another Shenzhen". Long concourses, sticking out, and while this is an artist's rendition, if my rough count of gates is anywhere near close to accurate, within a very short time, bus gates will be needed.

ATL is the key to building a super efficient airport that can expand as needed. Curvy, cool looking terminals like this or SZX do not lend themselves to organic expansion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.