Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Taxi2Airport.com from PVG to Hotel????????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador

Looking for the best way to get from PVG to downtown hotel. I found Taxi2Airport.com has anyone used it? Any suggestions would be very helpful.... Arriving around 4PM.... Thanks... Jon
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Use Didi, it's their version of Uber. You can download the app before leaving on your trip, it's all in english and very visitor friendly. Also great for getting around in town since you can search the destination in english and it sends it to the driver.

Other option, if you are adventurous, is to take the MagLev train into town then the subway the rest of the way. It's actually a lot of fun and really cheap.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by MarJon
Looking for the best way to get from PVG to downtown hotel. I found Taxi2Airport.com has anyone used it? Any suggestions would be very helpful.... Arriving around 4PM.... Thanks... Jon
Where is your hotel?

The reason I ask is because the #2 bus is my favorite way to go between the city and the airport, but only works for jingan.

The MagLev is worth I try while it still exists, but it will not save you any time; furthermore, getting a taxi from longyang Road is not fun.

I use didi every day, but almost never for airport arrivals. Sure, it's a little cheaper than taxis, but finding your driver completely erases this cost advantage.

Last edited by moondog; Feb 25, 2019 at 4:16 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by waitingforbagsinSJC
Use Didi, it's their version of Uber. You can download the app before leaving on your trip, it's all in english and very visitor friendly. Also great for getting around in town since you can search the destination in english and it sends it to the driver. Other option, if you are adventurous, is to take the MagLev train into town then the subway the rest of the way. It's actually a lot of fun and really cheap.
Didi... I'll give it a look.. never heard of it before.... do you use it often? We'd give Maglev a try however, we would arrive around rush hour and I've been told not to even think about trying to get around with suitcase, roll-a- board and computer bag....

Originally Posted by moondog
Where is your hotel? The reason I ask is because the #2 bus is my favorite way to go between the city and the airport, but only works for jingan. The MagLev is worth I try while it still exists, but it will not save you any time; furthermore, getting a taxi from longyang Road is not fun. I use didi every day, but almost never for airport arrivals. Sure, it's a little cheaper than taxis, but finding your driver completely erases this cost advantage.
Courtyard Shanghai Central 338 Heng Feng Road
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by MarJon
Courtyard Shanghai Central 338 Heng Feng Road
Unless you want to hang out near Jing'an Temple before going to Hengfang Road (not an awful idea), you should just get a taxi from the queue at the airport. That having been said, you'll definitely want to use Didi to get around locally. The thing is, your hotel has AMAZING subway access (i.e. I am hard pressed to think of a more useful subway station in the entire system).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:46 am

Nothing wrong with just following the signs that say "taxi" and getting in line.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Unless you want to hang out near Jing'an Temple before going to Hengfang Road (not an awful idea), you should just get a taxi from the queue at the airport. That having been said, you'll definitely want to use Didi to get around locally. The thing is, your hotel has AMAZING subway access (i.e. I am hard pressed to think of a more useful subway station in the entire system).
If he was going to take a bus he might as well take Airport line 5 that goes to Shanghai Station which is where his hotel is.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by tauphi
If he was going to take a bus he might as well take Airport line 5 that goes to Shanghai Station which is where his hotel is.
That is my least favorite airport bus because it stops in Lujiazui, and People's Square before terminating at the train station. Furthermore, the walk from the train station to the Courtyard is not fun (and, the distance is a little too close to use a taxi).

See also: Shanghai ground transportation thread

Last edited by moondog; Feb 25, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you all.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.