FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   China (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china-613/)
-   -   Beijing Hilton and left cell phone I need (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/1951683-beijing-hilton-left-cell-phone-i-need.html)

Pdxonthego Jan 17, 2019 11:24 pm

Beijing Hilton and left cell phone I need

If anyone is going to Beijing and is willing to pick up my left behind cell phone for a fee or miles please message me. As of now I cannot find any way to get this back to the USA.. thanks

runningonfumes Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Pdxonthego (Post 30669382)
If anyone is going to Beijing and is willing to pick up my left behind cell phone for a fee or miles please message me. As of now I cannot find any way to get this back to the USA.. thanks

you have to be kidding. move on buddy. it is gone. back up your data next time.

889 Jan 18, 2019 9:54 am

I suspect the phone is there. The problem is sending it back, with that lithium battery. Can be a big problem.

I believe China Post has the same restriction as HK Post: no smartphones with lithium batteries inside.

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/about...ex_id_106.html

YuropFlyer Jan 18, 2019 1:31 pm

While I'm sure OP is just asking for genuine help here, just a word of warning: Do not transport / ship anything (especially international) for anyone you don't know (and don't trust 200%) - and even then, be careful.

But then I might have watched too much "Boarder patrol Australia" ;)

Often1 Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Make that 300%. This is an anonymous internet forum. Not a series of questions I would want to ask on departure from China or entry to the US.

xooz Jan 18, 2019 2:14 pm

If the hotel is in possession of the phone, you can ask them to send it back via UPS. I assume it would be pricey, but as mentioned above it will be pretty hard to find some random person who wants to exit China with electronics they know nothing about.

moondog Jan 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 30672035)
While I'm sure OP is just asking for genuine help here, just a word of warning: Do not transport / ship anything (especially international) for anyone you don't know (and don't trust 200%) - and even then, be careful.

But then I might have watched too much "Boarder patrol Australia" ;)

If the OP happened to be one of our established brothers/sisters, I'd be willing to take the risk.

Antonio8069 Jan 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Huawei?

It could be worse. MMS could have it, and turned it over to Huawei for data mining.

Pdxonthego Aug 21, 2021 3:35 pm

I was thankful that a person had trusted me and helped from that site post…. The phone was lost when the hotel staff was charging it. And then when they cleaned out the Hilton hotel safe it was found one year after lost. The lost videos were part of my ex girlfriends life. .and although it might not be key to some peoples life it sure was to mine. I know no one can trust anyone these days and the man who helped me should know how much i needed that exact phone. The phone is part of the Tiffany Jenks murder on October 8th 2013 although i give that man free nights at the hilton he also was provided a letter from me and a copy of the hotel letters and email chain for his own security.

Americans should have some form of trust and i get why they cannot. …

in this case the post “Move on” should tell all of us that comments that are pointless and rude sometimes are pointless and rude…

move on ?

Sure

shot in the head can cause a Person to not be able to and I’m just so glad… one persons trust in humanity was still valid…
To that person who helped me … thank you .. God and Bless

Pdxonthego Aug 21, 2021 3:36 pm

Exactly and spot on…