Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Zhangjiajie direct flights in November

Old Sep 5, 18, 10:20 am
Original Poster

We'll be in Zhangjiajie in November and we're trying to figure out whether there are any direct flights to Chengdu. I understand this is off-peak and the flight patterns change, but does anyone know if there are any direct flights? I looked at Ctrip and the last direct flight to Chengdu is CA4378 on Oct 26. There is nothing for November. I checked this website 2018 Zhangjiajie Lotus International Airport Flights Time Table(April-Nov) - Flights - Zhangjiajie Toptourism Website which seems to indicate that flight CA4378 will continue in November, but I can't find anything to confirm it/purchase. Any advice or an estimation as to when the November flights will become available for purchase?
Old Sep 5, 18, 9:13 pm
Ambassador, China

Programs: TG, OZ, UA, AA
You're out of luck. DYG-CTU nonstop goes offline after Oct 26. This is normal every year as the schedule goes to winter/low season. Basically, Zhangjiajie will have nonstop flights only from Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Changsha, maybe Shenzhen. If you need to get from Zhangjiajie to Chengdu, you'll need to either take a connecting flight, faster if flights are on time/but risk of weather (fog) delays, or stick to the train system which will be a slower but more reliable schedule. Train system will require a switch probably at Yichang East (from standard to high speed), and the journey will blow a day. Zhangjiajie is a major pain to get in/out of especially in low season.

Search this Thread