Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

What is best PVG lounge for *A J/F traveler?

Old Aug 26, 18, 8:50 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level

Hi all!

I have a long layover and am considering whether to tough it out in the lounge(s) or go landslide for a hotel.

I arrive TG in J and depart UA in F so I believe I will have access to *A lounges. I also have Priority Pass.

What do PVG lounges offer? For that matter what’s in the airport itself that is fun?

Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 18, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are pretty dreadful IMO.
Old Aug 26, 18, 6:31 pm

For a proper (especially night) layover, get yourself a hotel, full stop (not just in PVG, but the whole world.. - a few F lounges maybe not included)
Old Aug 26, 18, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I’m a low maintenance kind of traveler, so I find the CA F lounge more than adequate for even an 8+ hour layover. The food is not bad either, compared to CA’s PEK lounges. But the sleeping room is probably most important, and I’d rather just use that than deal with the in and out logistics of check-in, immigration, etc.

added: In terms of word association, “fun” and “Chinese airports” would be some of the last, most far-fetched and nonsensical combinations I can think of.
In2ishn likes this.

Last edited by sinoflyer; Aug 26, 18 at 9:11 pm
Old Sep 24, 18, 9:58 am

Find a quiet corner near an empty arrival gate or a unused part of the airport. Get some instant noodles (those in the cups) a couple of beers and voila! Best lounge u can get - as any real lounges in Chinese airports are very much the same, except they often more dirty, have hoards of screaming adults (into their phones) and kids and are totally over crowded
moondog likes this.

Search this Thread