Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Baked goods and Chinese Customs

Old Aug 17, 18, 11:14 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was hoping to bring some homemade cookies into China but am concerned about whether there will be problems with customs. Is there likely to be an issue? I am connecting in Hong Kong before reaching the mainland if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 18, 7:53 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K
Can't imagine a problem in 47 RT in last 2 years and have never been checked once by Chinese Customs, probably will have a story next week, but again what are in the cookies, LOL
Old Aug 18, 18, 8:08 am

There is certainly no issue with this.
Old Aug 18, 18, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Can't imagine a problem in 47 RT in last 2 years and have never been checked once by Chinese Customs, probably will have a story next week, but again what are in the cookies, LOL
Seconded. Only once has customs shown any interest in our bags and that was a delayed luggage situation. When my wife explained the situation (she's a native speaker) his interest went away.

We've even set off the nuke alarm at customs and nobody showed up. (My wife had a nuclear medicine test not long before our flight. An earlier scanner caught it, she was quickly cleared, then the alarm at customs went off. We waited, nobody came.)
Old Aug 21, 18, 12:53 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks! (The cookies are just standard chocolate chip cookies for an American expat).
Old Aug 26, 18, 6:28 pm

No problem at all of bringing home made chocolate cookies into China.

China is a lawful country, unlike that other country drifting more and more into fascist-dictatorship waters on the other side of the pacific..

Search this Thread