Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Cheap rooms in Shanghai?

Cheap rooms in Shanghai?

Old Jul 12, 18, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist
Cheap rooms in Shanghai?

Are there any cheap single room in Shanghai that's near a subway station? I stayed at a Chinese chain about 9 years ago for about C$35/night. I'm looking for something similar if it still exist.

Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 18, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Are there any cheap single room in Shanghai that's near a subway station? I stayed at a Chinese chain about 9 years ago for about C$35/night. I'm looking for something similar if it still exist.

Thanks.
Y300 per night is definitely still obtainable in most areas. Where do you want to stay?
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Y300 per night is definitely still obtainable in most areas. Where do you want to stay?
No specific area in mind. Maybe no more than 15-20 min. from People's Square by subway?
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I recommend jing'an temple in that case. I can't recall the names of the budget hotels off hand, but several of them are very close to the subway station. There is also an apartment building directly across the street from Crocus that has several serviced apartment operators. I stayed there last year when I was looking for longer term housing, and paid around 350 per night for a decent sized one bedroom.
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I recommend jing'an temple in that case. I can't recall the names of the budget hotels off hand, but several of them are very close to the subway station. There is also an apartment building directly across the street from Crocus that has several serviced apartment operators. I stayed there last year when I was looking for longer term housing, and paid around 350 per night for a decent sized one bedroom.
Is it possible to book online? In 2009, I was doing a backpacking trip and pretty much got the rate by showing up. I do know enough Mandarin to book over the phone as well.
Old Jul 12, 18, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Is it possible to book online? In 2009, I was doing a backpacking trip and pretty much got the rate by showing up. I do know enough Mandarin to book over the phone as well.
Ctrip works fine for hotels. If you are interested in the serviced apartment, the one I stayed in is called Skiiline (my spelling might be off, but it is definitely not Skyline), and there is another outfit called World Union in the same building.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread