Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Shenzhen-Hongkong-Shenzhen Intraday

Shenzhen-Hongkong-Shenzhen Intraday

Old Mar 19, 2017, 5:39 pm

The thing about finding "your bus" on the other side at Shenzhen bay is that you do not take the same bus. You just need to find the same bus company and the staff will tell you which bus to get on. They go to various destination. The way to find the right company is by the colour of the shirts of the staff.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:09 pm

It is, by the way, a fast and attractive ride into the urban area from Shenzhen Bay, slicing right through some of Hong Kong's fine country parks.

(If you take a taxi, take a red not green taxi.)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Good morning

The bus info on travelchinaguide is the same table as on the wikishenzhen site.

The "business bus" with no need to exit for immigration looks very interesting -- especially to avoid the transfer problem for the second bus. Unfortunately, the earliest business bus leaving SZX is at 10:15.

The regular bus table only mentions Kowloon station, but some posters have mentioned that other buses will go straight to Central. Will see at counter A08/B04.

So, will aim to take the bus in the morning and return via trains to test both paths.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
The Futian Station in Shenzhen is HUGE, and the walk from there to Civic Center would more likely take 10 minutes instead of 1. Also, it would take more than 4 minutes from Civic Center to Futian Checkpoint - I would say around 10 minutes. Line 4 is easily the busiest line in SZ metro system, so I personally would avoid that line during evening peak hours (northbound trains) and morning peak hours (southbound trains) on weekdays.

The "Business Bus" seems to be a poor translation from Chinese - I think it refers to a minivan, and you can clear both Mainland China and HK immigration on the car.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by polarpacific
Good morning

The bus info on travelchinaguide is the same table as on the wikishenzhen site.

The "business bus" with no need to exit for immigration looks very interesting -- especially to avoid the transfer problem for the second bus. Unfortunately, the earliest business bus leaving SZX is at 10:15.

The regular bus table only mentions Kowloon station, but some posters have mentioned that other buses will go straight to Central. Will see at counter A08/B04.

So, will aim to take the bus in the morning and return via trains to test both paths.
I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer walking across the border to the car drill (I've had a few nasty waits, and echannel doesn't help at all).

Regarding the bus, when you're buying your ticket, just tell them you want to go to Central, and that's what your ticket will say. FYI, Sheungwan, Central, Wanchai, and CB are all served by the same bus.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

The bus does assure you a seat. You could end up standing all the way from the airport to Central by rail, depending. (Though airport to Futian you can splurge on a seat in business class.)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Hi Moondog

Would you recommend taking the bus all the way to Central (i.e. passing drop-off at Sheungwan first) or just to Kowloon station and then hopping on the train 1 stop to hongkong station?

Also, do you know where precisely is the bus drop-off in Central? Is it right at MTR Central station?

Exchange Square actually looks slightly closer to HongKong station than Central station, but probably not much difference in walking.

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi usr22

In looking more closely at that page about the "business bus", I think it may only be available as an airport to airport connection. So, not applicable on this occasion but good for future reference
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hi Moondog

Would you recommend taking the bus all the way to Central (i.e. passing drop-off at Sheungwan first) or just to Kowloon station and then hopping on the train 1 stop to hongkong station?
The only scenario in which I would take a Kowloon bus when I needed to get to the island would be if I had just missed an island bus and a Kowloon bus was leaving immediately.

Once you're on the bus, you can get off at whatever stop you desire.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I would go for the bus route too. That's a horrible MTR journey just in HK.. let alone the SZ portion.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Hi usr22

In looking more closely at that page about the "business bus", I think it may only be available as an airport to airport connection. So, not applicable on this occasion but good for future reference
If it is airport to airport then you go to HKG/HKIA and take the AEx to Central. The station is at IFC complex, The next complex is Exchange Sq.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.