Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PVG T2 - which lounge is best?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

i'll be flying through PVG T2 with a 6 hour layover. It appears I can choose from First Class Lounge 66, 69 or 73. Lounge 69 has showers while the two do not. Does anyone know if there are any other differences/benefits between the three?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by wizy
i'll be flying through PVG T2 with a 6 hour layover. It appears I can choose from First Class Lounge 66, 69 or 73. Lounge 69 has showers while the two do not. Does anyone know if there are any other differences/benefits between the three?
The CA lounge is the best of the lot there, but 6 hours is more than enough time to head to LJZ and grab some "drinks with a view".
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They all suck
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
They all suck
Well said. With 6hrs layover strongly recommend to head to the town.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
They all suck
This is actually my first thought whenever I see "which lounge is best?" threads in this forum, but I do think the CA lounge is the least sucky option for those insistent upon staying in the terminal. As noted, I think going into town is the best use of any layover more than ~3.5 hours. My second choice would be to get a day room at one of the hotels between the terminals, if feeling too tired to go into town.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
This is actually my first thought whenever I see "which lounge is best?" threads in this forum, but I do think the CA lounge is the least sucky option for those insistent upon staying in the terminal. As noted, I think going into town is the best use of any layover more than ~3.5 hours. My second choice would be to get a day room at one of the hotels between the terminals, if feeling too tired to go into town.
Thanks MD for the suggestions. We'll play it by ear as its the tail end of our trip before a 13 hour flight. Best.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:06 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO

enough time to head to LJZ and grab some "drinks with a view".
LJZ..where the beautiful people hang in Shanghai.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by wizy
Thanks MD for the suggestions. We'll play it by ear as its the tail end of our trip before a 13 hour flight. Best.
Usually heading to town is definitely an option. However, it seems you will have an international departure. You may need to allow some additional time for the formalities, but that won't take too much time. So I agree - go to LJZ!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Usually heading to town is definitely an option. However, it seems you will have an international departure. You may need to allow some additional time for the formalities, but that won't take too much time. So I agree - go to LJZ!
AFAIK, t-60 is the official check-in cutoff for international departurrs at pvg except for ka, which lets you cut it really close. So, getting there at t-70 is quite safe if you have access to priority check-in.

Eta: if arriving at pvg by taxi or bus, allow 3 minutes to get to your check-in counter. If using subway or maglev, plan on 8 minutes if you walk relatively fast. Checking in by t-60 is the primary objective. If you accomplish this, getting to the gate by t-20 is almost a sure thing (I.e. I have never missed a flight there).

Last edited by moondog; Oct 25, 2015 at 4:31 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a mezzanine level lounge in T2 that DL used to use. It had an open half wall looking down on the terminal concourse toward the gate that DL used. I don't remember what it was called or the gate number, but it had lots of light beige furniture, showers, and a slightly separate FC section that wasn't bad. It was much better than any MU or CZ lounge I've used in China.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There's a mezzanine level lounge in T2 that DL used to use. It had an open half wall looking down on the terminal concourse toward the gate that DL used. I don't remember what it was called or the gate number, but it had lots of light beige furniture, showers, and a slightly separate FC section that wasn't bad. It was much better than any MU or CZ lounge I've used in China.
Thanks again for the suggestions. Our arriving flight landed at T1 and we couldn't web checkin so didn't have our onward boarding passes. We had to go through immigration, transfer to T2 (quite a long walk), check-in, then depart through immigration, security, etc. So after all this we were a bit beat, just wanted to sit back a while. Went to First Class lounge 69 and seems to be the one MSP described (overlooking gate D71). Some beige and black chairs, and separate First Class and Bus Class sections, but everything is the same in both. It had showers and a smoking room but they left the door open! Noodles and Heineken fit the bill at that point. Cheers.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Looks like the China Eastern No. 77 Plaza Premium Lounge is now on Priority Pass. The picture look pretty nice. Any thoughts on that one?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Looks like the China Eastern No. 77 Plaza Premium Lounge is now on Priority Pass. The picture look pretty nice. Any thoughts on that one?
Anyone been there recently?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
I've been there last September. The lounge was larger than I imagined, and since I was on a EY flight that departs at midnight, the lounge was probably 1/4 full and was very quiet. The decor was nice and there are even some recliner chairs for resting, with semi-private partitions. The food selection was quite large- there were 5-6 hot options, dim sums and a noodle bar, but the quality was just okay. I didn't remember the shower room situation since I didn't shower there, but I presume there should be shower. Overall I think this lounge is nice enough for killing a couple hours of time and is definitely above average in Chinese standards.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
The China Eastern lounge is pretty nice and better than the other PP lounges. The lounge is quite long, so bigger than it first appears so you will not have any trouble finding a quiet area if you want. Most people sit near the buffet area, though. The food selection is good, not outstanding but perfectly fine for a lounge. There are two banks of restrooms, the ones near the buffet are too small so head down to the opposite end if you find anyone waiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.