Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chengdu Airport Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Chengdu Airport Restaurant

Are there any good restaurants (Sichuan food, maybe Hotpot) landside at Chengdu Airport? We will have just 6.5 hours in Chengdu before our international flight depart and want so meet a friend there.
Or is there anything on the way to the city which we could reach within ~30 minutes by taxi?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
There is zero, zilch, nada at CTU. Landside is the usual provincial airport fayre of a few shops selling overpriced dried fruit in fancy boxes. Airside is worse!

The trip downtown is pretty quick and straight forward. I used to overnight in the Kempinski before the midday BA flight and it never took me more than 30 mins from hotel to kerbside.

6+ hours is more than enough to have a leisurely eat in town.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
There is zero, zilch, nada at CTU. Landside is the usual provincial airport fayre of a few shops selling overpriced dried fruit in fancy boxes. Airside is worse!
Be fair - they also sell dried duck tongue and other vacuum packed animal parts that likely wont appeal. Take the taxi into town.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:35 am

What would be the best options for getting from the airport to our hotel in the city of Chengdu ? Taxi ? Are there other transit options (Bus, subway, etc) that would be feasible with speaking only a little Chinese ? If taxi is the best, any ballpark on the fare and if I would need to worry about a taxi driver overcharging ? Thank you for the information.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: CA Gold, EY Silver HHons Diamond
I think I used to pay 50-60 rmb, just make sure the driver turns the meter on.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:45 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by drewguy
Be fair - they also sell dried duck tongue and other vacuum packed animal parts that likely wont appeal. Take the taxi into town.
Great snack.

not near as good as fresh duck neck, but OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.