Reload this Page >

Advice on PEK: transit and lounge options

Old May 2, 15, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles

Hello all:

I have a couple of questions regarding PEK. I will be travelling on a Saturday from HKG to YYZ via PEK. First leg on Hong Kong Airlines transferring to Hainan Airlines at PEK, connection time would be about 3.5 hours.

I would appreciate your comment and advice on the following:

1) Both HX and HU operate out of T2 at PEK. As a Priority Pass cardholder, I could use either the Air China Business Class Lounge or the BGS Premier Lounge. Which one is better? My main concern is having decent food options.

2) Ideally, I would like to try out the Air China First Class Lounge over at T3 if possible. Upon arrival at T2, would I be able to get over to T3 and back?

Thank you very kindly for your input.
Old May 3, 15, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Agincourt View Post
Hello all:

I have a couple of questions regarding PEK. I will be travelling on a Saturday from HKG to YYZ via PEK. First leg on Hong Kong Airlines transferring to Hainan Airlines at PEK, connection time would be about 3.5 hours.

I would appreciate your comment and advice on the following:

1) Both HX and HU operate out of T2 at PEK. As a Priority Pass cardholder, I could use either the Air China Business Class Lounge or the BGS Premier Lounge. Which one is better? My main concern is having decent food options.

2) Ideally, I would like to try out the Air China First Class Lounge over at T3 if possible. Upon arrival at T2, would I be able to get over to T3 and back?

Thank you very kindly for your input.
Stick with the t2 option.
Old May 3, 15, 9:00 am
Ambassador, China

Programs: various
Agree, stick with the T2 option. At any rate, I don't see how you'd be allowed access to the T3 CA F lounge (either domestic or intl) without a boarding pass for an airline departing from T3 gates. Besides, the CA lounge food isn't anything worth breaking a sweat to get to.

Haven't been in the T2 lounges in a while, but BGS was always marginally better than CA on all dimensions. Don't get your hopes too high, though. And food selections (or lack thereof) will somewhat depend on the time you're passing through.
Old May 12, 15, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Thank you, moondog and jiejie, for your input! I will try out the BGS in T2 as planned.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: