Reload this Page >

Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ten year tourist and business visa - effective 12 Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
And to add to what shinjuflyer said, the person dropping off/picking up the visa application and passport does NOT have to be the person the visa is for. I was the "visa gopher" for everyone in my office. Not a problem.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by airmotive
And to add to what shinjuflyer said, the person dropping off/picking up the visa application and passport does NOT have to be the person the visa is for. I was the "visa gopher" for everyone in my office. Not a problem.
This is why there are thousands of visa agencies.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by moondog
This is why there are thousands of visa agencies.
I calculated the cost of me going to the nearest consulate to apply in person vs using an agency. Agency won, not by much, but.....Certainly if I lived in the same city or could make it work while on a trip, but alas, my life doesn't seem to work like that
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I calculated the cost of me going to the nearest consulate to apply in person vs using an agency. Agency won, not by much, but.....Certainly if I lived in the same city or could make it work while on a trip, but alas, my life doesn't seem to work like that
You had no way of knowing that your application was going to be relegated to the penalty box (even for academics, very low odds), but 20/20 hindsight suggests to me that an in person visit would have been beneficial to your cause (i.e. on point dialogue with counter lady = success).
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
You had no way of knowing that your application was going to be relegated to the penalty box (even for academics, very low odds), but 20/20 hindsight suggests to me that an in person visit would have been beneficial to your cause (i.e. on point dialogue with counter lady = success).
I might try that if I get another China project in the future - nothing on the boards at the moment However - in that case, they sent my passport to San Francisco (DC is the Consulate closest to me; the visa agency - in DC - thought that SF had a reputation for being more sympathetic to academics....)
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
May be someone can share me some info or experience - I am applying for Chinese VISA - 10 Years.

Q - Has anyone uses SAME DAY service?

I am in Dallas and was looking at options to reduce my hotel cost while i wait for my VISA.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by fnuhenry
May be someone can share me some info or experience - I am applying for Chinese VISA - 10 Years.

Q - Has anyone uses SAME DAY service?

I am in Dallas and was looking at options to reduce my hotel cost while i wait for my VISA.
DC offers same day service, and I am guessing that Houston does as well, but you should call to confirm.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: various
DC offers same day service, and I am guessing that Houston does as well, but you should call to confirm.
I'm pretty sure Houston no longer offers 24 hour "Emergency" processing, at best would be 2 days "Rush" processing, and likely you'd need to get your passport in morning of Day 1 to get it back on afternoon of Day 2 or morning of Day 3.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:14 am

Thx you. I will call and check with them.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jiejie
I'm pretty sure Houston no longer offers 24 hour "Emergency" processing, at best would be 2 days "Rush" processing, and likely you'd need to get your passport in morning of Day 1 to get it back on afternoon of Day 2 or morning of Day 3.
Thank You.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by FLLDL
The current visa regime is mostly just a formality anyhow.
I would have called it a "formality" ten years ago. It's now a sufficiently large pain in the arse that after more than forty trips to China, I now refuse to go. China thus joins the US, the only other country on my "banned" list.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by stayinoneplace
I would have called it a "formality" ten years ago. It's now a sufficiently large pain in the arse that after more than forty trips to China, I now refuse to go. China thus joins the US, the only other country on my "banned" list.
You joined the forum today just to post this?
Well, Welcome to FlyerTalk, I guess.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:41 am

Right. As his name says, he will just stay home.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by stayinoneplace
Excellent plan!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've not been to the PRC in many years so I have some questions for the experts here as I have a business trip coming up.

I'm on a US passport, but will be going to the Paris consulate with my French resident ID. I'll get a business invitation letter and ask for a multi-entry visa.

Is 1 year the max for a M type multi-entry visa?

I see some notes about them asking about copies of all my previous Chinese visas? I do not have any Chinese visas in my current passport, but I do have visas in older passports going back to hand-written visas from the 1990's. Can I assume those aren't necessary?

Any other tips?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.