Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Getting a Chinese Drivers License

Getting a Chinese Drivers License

Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Perfect, thanks. I have someone helping me with the rest of the process I just wanted to be sure I didn’t need the stupid AAA thing. Great news.

I’ll only be using this China license when I travel to rural areas for sight seeing. If there’s any resources on the car rental process please share.

I probably also need to find a way to study for the multiple choice test. I believe there is a link in this thread somewhere.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
I probably also need to find a way to study for the multiple choice test. I believe there is a link in this thread somewhere.
Are you taking the test in Chinese or English? I took it in Chinese and it was hard. There's an app with all the possible questions, but there were thousands. And some questions just need to be memorized (rather than working it out through common sense). As an example, you need to know the speed limits in city roads with 2 lanes. No way to just guess these. I don't know if the English version has fewer potential questions. If so I would have gone that route (but didn't find any study sources).

FYI the name of the mini app is called 驾考宝典 (Driver's Test Sacred Scroll) and it's available on wechat.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The English test is sort of easy.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
I’ll be taking the test in English for sure. I barely know enough characters to read a food menu. I’ll look at some apps.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
I’ll be taking the test in English for sure. I barely know enough characters to read a food menu. I’ll look at some apps.
I used this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US
Passed with score of 98/100 on the first try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.