Wiki Posts
Search

Guangzhou Hotel suggestions April 13-18

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Guangzhou Hotel suggestions April 13-18

Will be attending the Canton Fair in April and I'm looking for the best 4-5 star hotel including any discount codes , best shopping area where do airline crew shop and grea restaurants. Would also welcome the name of a good tailor to have a few things made.

Any expats from Vancouver out there?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
GZ

Not many GZ hotel discounts during this fair event. Check C-trip for a serviced apt. deal. Shopping might be better in HK, which could be a day trip by train from GZ.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:25 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Will be nice when this is completed.

Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link

Even now its not too big a deal to stay in Shenzhen and take the train to Canton Fair.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Try the Holiday Inn.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Guangzhou at fair time is expensive. Even lesser quality hotels jack up their prices at that time, as do restaurants.

I know someone who stays in Dongguan. The price is cheaper than staying in GZ. The hotel provides bus service to the fair. He always says the bus trip is 1 hour each way, but I think he is shaving it. It is probably closer to 1 1/2 hours.
Sorry I do not know the name of the hotel, but if you do some searching for hotels in Dongguan you may find a better deal - if don't mind the long trip.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I am a bit out of date but I used to go to the Fair frequently until 2008. There are no discounts available at all. To give you an idea, I used to stay at a hotel that I could get for RMB 500 just after the Fair, it was RMB 2,100 during the Fair

You can easily get much cheaper hotels in Dongguang or Shenzhen but the trade off is travel time. To get to Pazhou in Guangzhou (where the Fair is located) from, for example Tianhe in Guangzhou (lots of good hotels there) will be about 30 minutes. All the decent hotels run free shuttle buses to the Fair. Dongguang will be more than an hour, Shenzhen considerably longer.

It depends on what price you put on your time I'm afraid. No such thing as a free lunch at Fair time

nickyboy
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nickyboy
I am a bit out of date but I used to go to the Fair frequently until 2008. There are no discounts available at all. To give you an idea, I used to stay at a hotel that I could get for RMB 500 just after the Fair, it was RMB 2,100 during the Fair

You can easily get much cheaper hotels in Dongguang or Shenzhen but the trade off is travel time. To get to Pazhou in Guangzhou (where the Fair is located) from, for example Tianhe in Guangzhou (lots of good hotels there) will be about 30 minutes. All the decent hotels run free shuttle buses to the Fair. Dongguang will be more than an hour, Shenzhen considerably longer.

It depends on what price you put on your time I'm afraid. No such thing as a free lunch at Fair time

nickyboy
General statement here, but I do think hotels in China (mainline western brand or not) are all slowly increasing prices.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
deleted

Last edited by brucelee; Apr 21, 2015 at 7:12 pm Reason: out of date informatin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.