FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   China (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china-613/)
-   -   Fitness coaches - going rate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china/1293607-fitness-coaches-going-rate.html)

satman40 Dec 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Dr Liu MD PhD,
Guard you mouth, do not drink sugar water
Fat Lazy American....

Taiwaned Dec 23, 2011 1:19 am

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu (Post 17678754)
Don't they have any hot personal trainers in China?

My wife comes with me so no comment :D

moondog Dec 23, 2011 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Taiwaned (Post 17679396)
My wife comes with me so no comment :D

When I saw the post to which you replied (from anacapa) earlier today, I was inclined to say something witty about you having a wife (who possibly reads FT, though I highly doubt it; we are unique creatures here), but I couldn't think of an appropriate quip.

Shimon Dec 28, 2011 11:19 am

I know a guy that charges 30 rmb per hour. Extremely fit. Third tier city. Speaks like 50 words of english. Seems to have some connection to the local football team.

travelinmanS Dec 31, 2011 4:06 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 17672500)
Gyms are ridiculously expensive in China, at least in Shanghai and Beijing. Not sure about trainers.

I paid 1750/year for a gym in the heart of Jing'an. Last year it was 1800/year for a gym in Zhongshan Park. I don't find this expensive at all.

Trainers are always walking around soliciting business but generally I find my knowledge of training better than theirs, and I don't know much:p

trueblu Dec 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 17720238)
I paid 1750/year for a gym in the heart of Jing'an. Last year it was 1800/year for a gym in Zhongshan Park. I don't find this expensive at all.

Trainers are always walking around soliciting business but generally I find my knowledge of training better than theirs, and I don't know much:p

If those prices are RMB, that's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, it's not, imo.

tb

travelinmanS Dec 31, 2011 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by trueblu (Post 17723445)
If those prices are RMB, that's a pretty good deal. Otherwise, it's not, imo.

tb

Those prices were RMB. Good deals can be had on gyms if you're willing to look around.

mnredfox Jan 1, 2012 12:58 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 17723964)
Those prices were RMB. Good deals can be had on gyms if you're willing to look around.

Mine cost over $2000 USD, but then again that was negotiated into my rent (which company took care of).

Taiwaned Jan 1, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 17724539)
Mine cost over $2000 USD, but then again that was negotiated into my rent (which company took care of).

2000 USD a year??????????????

Holy Cow!!!!!!! - that is expensive. What do they have in the club? Golden fountains of Champagne? :D Staff that do the exercise for you?

moondog Jan 1, 2012 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Taiwaned (Post 17725428)

While it's true that there are many gyms in Jing'an that are attainable for less than y2000 per year, each rung you move up the ladder entails a disproportionate rate hike, to the point where the top of the line is very expensive (much more than $2,000).... but, not everybody pays those "rack" rates (wink, wink); I shall stop here.

mnredfox Jan 1, 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Taiwaned (Post 17725428)

Holy Cow!!!!!!! - that is expensive. What do they have in the club? Golden fountains of Champagne? :D Staff that do the exercise for you?

You'd think so. I was completely shocked. I (my co) might have just got ripped off, because it was always full and extremely busy with even local clientele. And the club was nothing to speak about. :eek: