Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay in Shanghai?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Where to stay in Shanghai?

We have always stayed with relatives when we come over here. It looks like that's not going to be viable in the future and so we are looking at other alternatives.

What would be ideal is if we could rent a place with as much of the stuff of day-to-day life as feasible and we also would like to find some sort of small storage place to leave stuff between visits.

(We are both US citizens although she is Shanghai-born and speaks/reads/writes at native level.)

Where should we look for such a place?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Depends on where your network is, and how much you want to pay. Shanghai is a big city. You need to provide more info to get your questions answered.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
we also would like to find some sort of small storage place to leave stuff between visits.
Google loveboxstorage.
There may be cheaper options around, but I have yet to find a better and more reliable storage option in Shanghai.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Gold
Try VRBO.com, vacation rental by owner. Don't know if they have any Shanghai listings. I used this website to rent an apartment for 5 nights in Barcelona in 2009. Cost less than a hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I opted for the Park Hyatt during our 48hr stay in Shanghai....
Old Nov 25, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
SH

C-trip has apartment options by SH locations. Also some hotels can store your bags overnight, about 10 rmb per bag , per night.

BTW, sometimes the C-trip hotel 'deals' at the western hotels do not allow for the stay nights/points. ie HH, etc.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sniles
Google loveboxstorage.
There may be cheaper options around, but I have yet to find a better and more reliable storage option in Shanghai.
Thank you, that appears to be the sort of info I was after although I'll have to get her here to read it.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 2:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by susiesan
Try VRBO.com, vacation rental by owner. Don't know if they have any Shanghai listings. I used this website to rent an apartment for 5 nights in Barcelona in 2009. Cost less than a hotel.
airyizu is the local option, and both airyizu and vrbo are clones of airbnb. Of the 3, airyizu is the only one I would trust for China (there are some insane listings on airbnb... like shacks "a mere 100 km from Tiananmen Square"). The problem there is that they focus almost solely on serviced apartments (due to difficulties getting private landlords to perform PSB registration formalities), and serviced apartments aren't appreciably cheaper than comparable hotels (high occupancy rates). Still worth a look, perhaps. Also check out the major serviced apartment companies themselves (Ascott, Marriott, Shanghai Centre, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.