Beijing Thanksgiving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing Thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
In for pizza, I'm out of town again next M-F, but otherwise around for rest of December.

I haven't had pizza in Beijing yet, other than when they order in Pizza Hut at the office... Which place does a good NYC style pizza? I enjoy a good italian/napoletana style pie, but NYC style is my favourite.

trublu: agree that Chowhound is very weak on BJ info, a lot on SH though. Maybe we can start a Chowhound style non-tourist foodie thread here on FT. Actually on my to-do list is to check out as many of the provincial govt restaurants here in BJ during my assignment. If anyone else is also interested, let me know. The SiChuan restaurant is supposed to be excellent, and I'm very keen to check out the Kashgar and Uyghur ones for no other reason than that I like saying Kashgar and Uyghur.....
Old Dec 1, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Am happy to post reviews of places we eat out at: but I'm afraid that I have v. v. little experience compared with the other locals. However, it might be useful to add a 'west-side' angle.

tb
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Since Email Kid is coming to town, and staying near Gulou, I tentatively suggest Hutong Pizza tomorrow at 7p. This event would not be our official "pizza do" (because we should aim higher for that occasion), but Hutong Pizza is pretty solid.... and, it happens to be midway between the CBD and Wudaokou.

BTW, I'm posting this here instead of the "BJ meet up thread" because the conversation has (strangely) honed in on pizza.

Last edited by moondog; Dec 2, 2011 at 5:27 am
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by moondog
Since Email Kid is coming to town, and staying near Gulou, I tentatively suggest Hutong Pizza tomorrow at 7p. This event would not be our official "pizza do" (because we should aim higher for that occasion), but Hutong Pizza is pretty solid.... and, it happens to be midway between the CBD and Wudaokou.

BTW, I'm posting this here instead of the "BJ meet up thread" because the conversation has (strangely) honed in on pizza.
Please accept my apologies: I am entertaining colleagues visiting from overseas tomorrow evening. Please therefore don't head out west on my account.

tb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.