The Official Shanghai Meet Up Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Shanghai Meet Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
Enjoy your time in GZ, and please hang out in our forum; we are really nice people.
So say people on the forum.
Old May 22, 2012, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jon_Heng
Will be in Shanghai on Dec 13th to 17th 2012 Staing at Hilton Shanghai =)
If you subscribe to the "China moves in dog years" school of thought, that's 4 years out, but please check back here closer in.

In the meantime, those of us who live in these parts are usually down to meet up on reasonably short (i.e. 3-4 days advance) notice.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:30 am

Enjoy your time in GZ, and please hang out in our forum; we are really nice people.
Thanks moondog! Hope you don't mind if I pop in and out every now and then

By the way it looks like I might be going to Shanghai from 6/3-6/6, I'll let you know if it's confirmed!
Old May 24, 2012, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by KIXman
Thanks moondog! Hope you don't mind if I pop in and out every now and then

By the way it looks like I might be going to Shanghai from 6/3-6/6, I'll let you know if it's confirmed!
6/6 happens to be a Wednesday, which is when the Crocus fully "blooms". I have matters to address in Beijing between now and then, but I should be back in time to make it happen.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:32 am

6/6 happens to be a Wednesday, which is when the Crocus fully "blooms". I have matters to address in Beijing between now and then, but I should be back in time to make it happen.
Hi md, I'm in Shanghai now but something seems like it might come up on 6/6 Wednesday. I should be more sure about things tomorrow, let you know.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hi Guys

Will be in town and looking if any meetup on Thursday for Dinner / Friday for Lunch or Coffee break (before I go back to my lovely Hong Kong )

Edit: I mean 28 Jun Mon - Wed will be too intense work to meet anyone

Last edited by ChrisLi; Jun 24, 2012 at 6:57 am
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Staying in Rent Yu Garden / CY Puxi from 9 Jul - 13 Jul, looking to meet any Fter
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisLi

Staying in Rent Yu Garden / CY Puxi from 9 Jul - 13 Jul, looking to meet any Fter
Let's shoot for July 11. Assuming the Crocus has found a new home by then, I suggest we meet there. My second choice is a tie between Geisha and one of the those "all you can eat" Japanese restaurants (e.g. Tairo).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:22 am

Super! KIXman should be in town on 9-10 just not sure if he can make it as well.

This may be my o-kiss-goodbye for shanghai for a while..... I live in CY Puxi for 3 month last year and 2.5 this year and coming to an end.....
Old Jul 4, 2012, 12:16 pm

Hi guys, yup I'm flying into Shanghai on July 9 in the morning but gotta leave around noontime on July 11th. Sorry I won't be able to meet you guys on the 11th then so have fun!
PS: am planning to be back again sometime the week after
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:32 am

When / where should we meet moondog ? My office is actually on yanping road so not far at all
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
When / where should we meet moondog ? My office is actually on yanping road so not far at all
I nominate travlenmanS(sp) to select a venue that is reasonably close to where we live, though I'm also fine with Geisha. I really need to get down there on the 11th in order to receive our "crocus star" at PVG. It might actually better if we don't meet at the new Crocus (assuming there is one) because Annie would not attend.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to be in Shanghai this Wednesday but I'd love to join if I'm in town. Alas, Crocus, has gone away and it's not opening again until 2013, if ever. There is a new wine/beer bar that has outdoor seating in the 881 Wuding lu complex. It's between Changde lu and Jiaozhou lu down an alley right next to the famous Mr. Pancake House. You can sit outside although the atmosphere is nowhere near as nice as Crocus. It's a good place to grab a drink or two before deciding where to move onto. Another good one is Cottons on Xinhua lu which is a bit far out, by Jiaotong university, but it also has a nice garden patio and reasonably priced beers.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 10:50 am

I'm actually dreading my return to Shanghai --well, apart from meeting up with travelinmanS, Annie, and all of her awesome friends-- because Beijing is great during the summer, there are some new restaurants here that appeal to my (very picky) palette, and I tend to work my butt off when I'm down there.

The death of the Crocus is extremely sad news.

Geisha is really cool on Wednesdays -- I didn't know this until travelinmanS tipped me about the top floor. But, since I will be bringing along my jetlagged friend/colleague who has a fancy mouth and will be on my dime (i.e. we don't want to travel far, and I don't want to see y150 drinks on the menu), I'd prefer a venue in Jing'an that isn't super expensive.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 11:03 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am good fo anything, and heck even wagas is cool with me with some friends to meet :-D

Note: wagas is expensive!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.