Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Hotel Car or Taxi from Beijing Airport

Old Mar 14, 11, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I'll be arriving in Beijing around midnight and have always relied on a hotel car to pick me up, which is about 500yuan. Has anyone used a taxi at this time of the evening, and have you had any difficulties ?
Thank you
Old Mar 14, 11, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ginat102 View Post
I'll be arriving in Beijing around midnight and have always relied on a hotel car to pick me up, which is about 500yuan. Has anyone used a taxi at this time of the evening, and have you had any difficulties ?
Thank you
Are you serious, 500 RMB? Regular cabs should be about 150RMB. And no problems getting them that late.
Old Mar 14, 11, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
Shouldn't be a problem. Have the hotel name and address written in Chinese along with the phone number. Get one from the official stands and not someone that approaches you in the terminal. And try to have at least some smaller bills so you're not trying to get 99RMB in change.

Even if they take you for a grand tour of China before dropping you off at your hotel, it won't be 500RMB. Grab a receipt if you think you're being scammed.
Old Mar 14, 11, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by medic-again View Post
Shouldn't be a problem. Have the hotel name and address written in Chinese along with the phone number. Get one from the official stands and not someone that approaches you in the terminal. And try to have at least some smaller bills so you're not trying to get 99RMB in change.

Even if they take you for a grand tour of China before dropping you off at your hotel, it won't be 500RMB. Grab a receipt if you think you're being scammed.
I can't recall ever paying more than 100 to get to or from the airport, even at night and/or in bad traffic. If I was going way out west or even to Financial Street, the case might be different, but 100 is sufficient for most east side destinations IME.
Old Mar 15, 11, 8:38 am

Programs: SK EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR
It will be no problem to get a taxi at midnight (or even later) at the airport. As suggested above just make sure you have the hotel address in Chinese, together with the telephone number and a working mobile phone (though the driver will call the hotel using his/her phone if needed to get directions).

I live over on the north-west of Beijing and the fare to/from the airport is always somewhere between 95 and 115 RMB (including the 10 RMB toll fee) depending on the traffic and time of day. The price per km does go up a bit at night (I can never remember exactly what time this kicks in) but I would guess that at around midnight the fare to anywhere on the east-side should be under 100RMB as suggested above.

If you are arriving at T3, just exit customs, head for the elevator and take it down to the lowest floor (either marked as B1 or B2 - it's marked in English in any case on the button in the elevator), walk out and the taxi stands are directly ahead of you. I haven't arrived at T2 for a while (or at T1 for even longer ...) but as far as I recall the taxi ranks are on the same level as the arrivals.
Old Mar 15, 11, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Smile Thanks ! Will take the Taxi

thanks to all of you for your replies.. I will definitely take he taxi !

Search this Thread
Search Engine: