Wiki Posts
Search

Found FF-like web site in Chinese: www.flyertea.com. Very informative

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Found FF-like web site in Chinese: www.flyertea.com. Very informative

Just found a website very similar to FT: www.flyertea.com. The catch is it's in Chinese. I have been reading the site for the two days, and found it very well organized with a lot of good content, especially for those who are going to the Greater China region.

For FFers who can read Chinese, this is a very useful website. Or maybe you can use Google Translate to read it.

Last edited by TravellerOnline; Apr 11, 2010 at 1:28 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by TravellerOnline
Just found a website very similar to FF: www.flyertea.com. The catch is it's in Chinese. I have been reading the site for the two days, and found it very well organized with a lot of good content, especially for those who are going to the Greater China region.

For FFers who can read Chinese, this is a very useful website. Or maybe you can use Google Translate to read it.
What is "FF"? What has this got to do with starwood hotels or the SPG program? Did you mean to post this in a different forum?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

I am going to move this to the China forum, in hopes that folks who can benefit from it will find it there. Please PM me if you think it is better suited elsewhere.

SanDiego1K
Starwood Mod
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:15 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by TravellerOnline
Just found a website very similar to FT: www.flyertea.com. The catch is it's in Chinese. I have been reading the site for the two days, and found it very well organized with a lot of good content, especially for those who are going to the Greater China region.

Too bad it is in simplified Chinese but not traditinal one. Couldn't read it. Seems like they are trying to copy flyertalk.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yeunganson
Too bad it is in simplified Chinese but not traditinal one. Couldn't read it. Seems like they are trying to copy flyertalk.
Are you serious?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Are you serious?
He must be from Taiwan

And imitation is the greatest compliment one can pay....congratulations to flyertalk.com. Go luck trying to get royalties from them!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:40 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Are you serious?
More precisely, he is either
1) From Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau
or
2) From Chinese Communities outside of China
or
3) born and educated before the 1960s in China when the Communist Government simplified the original Traditional characters
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by yeunganson
More precisely, he is either
1) From Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau
or
2) From Chinese Communities outside of China
or
3) born and educated before the 1960s in China when the Communist Government simplified the original Traditional characters
My hunch is that a dislike for the PRC government could be at play here, as I've never met anyone from HK or Taiwan that couldn't make their way through a mainland newspaper or website; aside from the 80% of the characters that are identical, most simplifications aren't all that difficult to piece together.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:07 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by dtsm
And imitation is the greatest compliment one can pay....congratulations to flyertalk.com. Go luck trying to get royalties from them!
name game

wumart - wal-mart
youku - youtube
Chery - Chevy
Hongda - Honda
flyertea - flyertalk
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:45 pm
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Chinese FT

I translated on Google and clicked on a link at the top - Daily Must Read - Liu Bo

It's links to Boarding Area - TMtravelworld. He blogs in English and Chinese.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I strongly advise everyone NOT to post any good deal/promo on the abovementioned website. Readers from most mainland China travel websites tend to abuse every decent promotion, e.g. the A/Club voucher, BMI family account, PC survey. As a result, these deals/promos got cancelled/withdrew prematurely.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
I strongly advise everyone NOT to post any good deal/promo on the abovementioned website. Readers from most mainland China travel websites tend to abuse every decent promotion, e.g. the A/Club voucher, BMI family account, PC survey. As a result, these deals/promos got cancelled/withdrew prematurely.
+1 (but of course impossible to prevent & i don't think FTers cross posting is the real worry)

Just look at the abuse of the BMI 5000 miles promotion at Super 8 hotels here in China. One guy claims to have amassed 300K+ miles from this promotion alone, thanks to family accounts and 5 rmb rates Super 8 was allowing for check-ins that didn't require a room (just points). We'll see if BMI/Wyndham actually honors these.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen
Sadly, the same goes for FT. While it's a two sided coin (i.e. if nobody posts, then fewer people can benefit), many FTers have stopped circulating --or participating in discussion about-- the good stuff here.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs down

My hunch is that a dislike for the PRC government could be at play here, as I've never met anyone from HK or Taiwan that couldn't make their way through a mainland newspaper or website; aside from the 80% of the characters that are identical, most simplifications aren't all that difficult to piece together.
Meet another. Simplified isn't self-explanatory and requires training to read, contrary to notions that it's some natural, superior evolution of Chinese.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: SQ
seems like this thread has been resurrected for no apparent reason....

not Chinese here, but someone who learned to speak and write in Taiwan and HK I find it just a bit annoying....I can do it, most if it....and all the Chinese I write to never complain at all when I write them in traditional characters....they even have started writing back in traditional characters to me....think they're basically interchangeable since most of them are the same anyways...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.