Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Storage around Union Station?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Baggage Storage around Union Station?

Hello,

I'm making a quick trip to Chicago later this week, and meeting a friend in downtown one afternoon. I'll need to store two mid sized suitcases from about noon until 6pm, at which time I plan to leave for ORD (most likely metra from Ogilvie Trans. Center, followed by Blue Line from Jefferson). I won't have the time to roam around too much —.any quick place where I can drop off two suitcases? I don't want to bank on the Union Station lockers working, considering the things I've read about them.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:22 pm

Just FYI - The blue line goes all the way downtown and back out. No need to involve Metra.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:24 pm

I actually just did this a week and a half ago again. I almost always use the Hotel Allegro, a Kimpton hotel. It is a 2 block walk SW of the blue Clark and Lake stop, which has escalators and elevators.

At Clark/Lake, from the platform, walk in the same direction as the train to take escalators up one level, then a second set of escalators up another level. (Or 2 separate elevator rides.) After you come off those escalators/elevators, there are exit gates right in front of you and the gate on the right/adjacent to the booth is a wheelchair accessible gate where you can push a button and swing a door to exit easily. Once through the gate, take the door outside immediately on your right. On the street, walk a short distance to your left and at the corner, turn left again walking alongside the Thompson Center and heading south on LaSalle. At the next intersection (LaSalle and Randolph), if you look at the far/opposite corner of the intersection, you will see restaurant 312, the Allegro's restaurant, and then the hotel entrance further down the street on Randolph. So cross both LaSalle and Randolph to get to the opposite corner and walk halfway down the block to the Allegro.

If you are not familiar with the Hotel Allegro, enter the front door, elevators are to the left, ride one floor up to the lobby/registration desk, turn right off the elevator to get to the registration desk, and there will either be a bellboy or one of the front desk people will take your bags.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

I'll try that. Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:15 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, I'm not sure if you want to use Union Station or not.

But Union Station is not that close to the Clark/Lake CTA Station.

Perhaps a mile away.

Also, the farther South that you board the Blue Line, the better your odds are of getting a seat. Clark/Lake is almost the last stop of the Loop for ORD....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.