Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Others-First Paradoxes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Others-First Paradoxes

Other-First ParadoxesThe agency says it has suffered what amounts to a perfect storm where it comes to processing Global Entry applications and renewals. In addition to reasons listed, the program’s popularity continues to skyrocket meaning the CBP’s workload has been only increasing. The rush to join the Global Entry program in the early days of the program is, in many ways, being revisited today. Most of the very first travelers to join Global Entry are now faced with renewing expiring memberships. Some of those renewals and all new applications require that the travelers be interviewed in person.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:38 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's why the agency has resources.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
Then perhaps CBP should allow IdentoGO or similar vendors handle applications for their trusted traveler programs as they already handle applications for Pre Check and TWIC cards. CBP, like the TSA and US Coast Guard can handle the actual background checks while the third party vendor can process the applications, interviews, fingerprints and photographs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.