Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Negative experience at JFK - No Precheck? Un safe security line

Old Jun 10, 20, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.

Flew JFK-SLC in paid F last week. Very, very long line for bag check at JFK T4, which did not feel safe. DL very understaffed, and did not have a Skypriority line. Also, JFK had Aeromexico, KLM, and Delta all checking in at the same place, while every other aisle was unused. This could have been better spaced out.

So we waited a long time to check in. Then for security, there was no Pre-check line and no priority line. I am not so fussed about the priority line, but the lack of Pre-check is a real negative. Pre-check allows a traveler to keep laptops and liquids in bags, so that there is almost zero unpacking and using common trays (which are dirty and potentially COVID contaminated). DL should make sure to have TSA bring back Pre-check to JFK.
Old Jun 10, 20, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Precheck is shut down at a lot of airports right now. What are you expecting DL to do about it? Everything is different right now.
kimberlyrose likes this.
Old Jun 10, 20, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K; UA Plat MM; Hyatt Globalist; Starwood, Marriott, Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by sfgiants13 View Post
Precheck is shut down at a lot of airports right now. What are you expecting DL to do about it? Everything is different right now.
By the way, we arrived at SLC and pre-check was open there.

This was our first flight in the COVID era so I thought I would share my experiences and valid criticisms of my DL travel experience.
Old Jun 10, 20, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfgiants13 View Post

Pre Check is a paid Trusted Traveler Program. Even if an individual is deselected for routine screening it should be available for others. TSA certainly has no shortage of available workers so no excuse to not offer all services. TSA, Over Promising, Under Delivering Since 2002!
Sweetone, chollie and SNA_Flyer like this.
Old Jun 11, 20, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
Pre Check is a paid Trusted Traveler Program. Even if an individual is deselected for routine screening it should be available for others. TSA certainly has no shortage of available workers so no excuse to not offer all services. TSA, Over Promising, Under Delivering Since 2002!
That's one reason why many of us call it "ExtortionCheck".
Spiff and Boggie Dog like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: