Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Male TSA screener at LAX arrested for falsely imprisoning female passenger

Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:06 am
Original Poster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...025646105.html

He first said he had to look inside her bra to make sure she wasn't hiding anything, then had her hold her pants away from her waist so he could look inside, she told investigators.

He subsequently took her to what he said would be a private room for more security screening, according to an arrest affidavit. But once they were alone on an elevator, she said he told her he could do the screening right there.
Title of thread should have word "arrested" in it
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:09 pm

Is this a first for a TSO? Hopefully the start of a new trend. Until they are legally held responsible for their bad acts nothing will change. Simply getting fired is not enough.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:48 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
TSA person does illegal security check

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...icked-traveler

I know, no one in the TSA would do such a thing... until they do. TSA person inspected inside bra and pants of female traveler.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1
https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...025646105.html

Title of thread should have word "arrested" in it
And of course this never happened at LGA either where a supervisory screener decided to do a pat down of a female passenger in the men’s room after she arrived on a flight and therefore was already airside.

i give no quarter to those who bring harm to this country, even more so to those who are public servants.

And people ask me why i treat errant TSA screeners the way i do.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:17 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is really bad, but I give the TSA some credit for their their response to this incident. It appears that the TSA is cooperating with a criminal investigation and the TSA's statement didn't say that the incident "doesn't reflect" on the workforce, but rather that it is "an affront" to the many hard working blah blah blah . . . , so that reflects recognition of wrongful conduct rather than minimization.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.