narita x-ray baggage inspection?

Old Dec 10, 19, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

narita x-ray baggage inspection?

Last 5 times I flew they not only wanted inspect inside suitcase but x-ray it. Normal? If I was "clean" the last 5 times, shouldn't they note that I'm not a smuggler? After they scan my passport&read "information." (No prior history of)
Old Dec 11, 19, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It only takes one time to not be "clean"..
Old Dec 12, 19, 2:36 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by skyfly58 View Post
Last 5 times I flew they not only wanted inspect inside suitcase but x-ray it. Normal? If I was "clean" the last 5 times, shouldn't they note that I'm not a smuggler? After they scan my passport&read "information." (No prior history of)
I assume you're talking about customs inspection rather than security screening? Could be random. Could be something about your personal or travel profile that they think increases the "risk" (e.g., sometimes young men traveling solo from certain areas are looked at more closely). Hard to say.

Though if you're a really good smuggler, you wouldn't have ever been caught!
Old Dec 19, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by skyfly58 View Post
how would they know it’s ”you”? From that tiny paper slip? Customs don’t scan passports, usually just look at the cover, sometimes flip through

Search this Thread
Search Engine: