Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk Homepage: Secret TSA Facebook Page

FlyerTalk Homepage: Secret TSA Facebook Page

Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

The subject of this thread is the private TSA screeners Facebook group.

While some natural deviation from the subject matter of the thread is acceptable, please do not turn this thread into yet another free for all of every grievance that you have with the TSA and its employees.

Future post that stray too far from the topic of the thread will be summarily deleted without further warning.

Thank you for your understanding and anticipated cooperation.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
What should cause clerks to get fired for posting disparaging remarks about passengers isn't the disparaging remarks, it's for having an attitude that they don't have to do the job right and the passengers are at fault for wanting them to do the job right.
I disagree with that. Quite a lot. Firing them for actual actions is fine. Firing them, as you advocate above, for *thinking* disparaging thoughts is simply thought-crime territory. That's exactly the sort of paranoia TSA wallows in and should be avoided IMO.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was another series of message boards of TSA clerks several years ago that were more along the lines of FT in terms of organization and format. A few of us infiltrated the site, mostly lurking.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:35 pm

Here is a site that has some examples from the TSA BREAKROOM site.

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/articles...lers/86104282/
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stillontheroad
Here is a site that has some examples from the TSA BREAKROOM site.

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/articles...lers/86104282/
I find some of those comments concerning. Not sure I'm comfortable entrusting my safety to those kinds of people.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I find some of those comments concerning. Not sure I'm comfortable entrusting my safety to those kinds of people.
Fortunately, your (and our) safety is really in the hands of the skilled aircrews, air traffic controllers, weather forecasters, maintenance crews, FAA inspectors and NTSB investigators.
Spiff, Randyk47 and petaluma1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.