Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Why the need to list all countries visited when renewing Global Entry??

Why the need to list all countries visited when renewing Global Entry??

Old Sep 29, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Think about it as others have noted. Passport scans are not required to enter many countries, and many people (such as myself) have multiple passports (I have four, from two different countries and not all are linked) and the government is too inefficient to track them all and the data. And some countries do not stamp US passports regularly upon entry or exit whereas others do electronic scans in system that get shared and verified. PNRs, for the most part, do not list non aviation travel, and POV or other travel is not always linked via the same type of systems air travel uses which get back to CBP.
Yup. I've never had a non-US passport but I can think of a dozen countries we entered overland and where passage was bought while overseas. Furthermore, I know with some of them it's not even on our customs record--it says to list the countries visited, but it didn't provide nearly enough space, my father merely listed continents and figured he would provide details if asked. The rest of them I can't recall what was on the customs form, I very well might have copied his previous approach as the list was even longer. They would have left a record in our passport--but we had our passports on our bodies basically 24/7--the ink of older stamps wasn't exactly the clearest by the time we got home.

Originally Posted by milepig
As the OP, I can say that "most of the information you entered is still there when you time out, but at least in our case NOT the "countries visited" screen, I suspect this is because that each screen is saved when you hit "complete" or whatever the word is" and go to the next screen. We hadn't completed entering the countries, so that screen hadn't been saved. Of course, that one was the hardest to complete. It could certainly be helped by replacing the one-by-one selection with a check list that you could check off and then hit enter once, but the form is what it is.
Personally, what would be best would be maps of each continent, you can click the countries or a list of names off to the side. A visual map would make it much clearer that you were missing something an in overland journey.
petaluma1 likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 30, 2019 at 1:45 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.