Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA suspends two agents for allegedly hanging stuffed gorillas on a noose as a ‘joke’

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA suspends two agents for allegedly hanging stuffed gorillas on a noose as a ‘joke’

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

An employee told CNN that once informed about the display, a manger "tried to downplay the noose and gorilla display, saying it wasn't racist, it was just a joke."
Right!

The spokesperson added, “We choose not to describe the display under investigation. This reprehensible act runs absolutely counter to the values of the agency and therefore we do not want to provide it any credence.”
It's out there might as well own it! TSA's internal problems go far deeper than this!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't matter. That's what the TSA clerk union is for. They were "placed on leave" which is government-speak for paid leave. They get a lot of paid vacation while the TSA ultimately puts them back to work. That's just how things work here.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That is correct! That's not acceptable for the behaviors. It is very inappropriate behaviors. You could fired from TSA. You will never work at airport again.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If these DHS/TSA employees on paid leave did this stuff in the private sector, even as a government contractor, they would either not have much of a job left or the employer risks setting itself up for problems by protecting the employment of those employees who are creating a hostile work environment for their colleagues in ways that are a civil liability for the employer and also damaging of the employer’s reputation.

Too many DHS TSA and CBP employees seem to be on a run in scoring own-goals against their employer’s reputation. And each time the DHS responds to an embarrassing incident of employees scoring own-goals, it pulls from the same kind of responses it’s used repeatedly before. Their pattern of behavior is predictable, at least in this regard.
Spiff and chollie like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I noticed that the noose appears to not be a new creation. What I mean is, it's rather dirty with an accumulation of dust, dirt, and maybe some cobweb remnants. The dirt accumulation is a bit similar to that on the wall next to it, but also typical of the kind of junk that accumulates on items in a big industrial building after a time. I just wonder - where did this noose come from? Had it been there in the building for awhile? Kind of afraid to know who keeps a noose around and why, in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.