Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA blog comments disabled/deleted

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
They might be down on the border. What are their normal duties when they're not doing a high-profile harassment action?

Interestingly, I haven't noticed anything in the news about exceptionally long lines or delays. TSA claimed they weren't sending checkpoint folks to the border, but what TSA says and what TSA does are not always the same.
VIPR teams are made up with FAM's for the most part. FAM's make a pretty nice salary plus 25% of their base pay in LEAP. FAM's should be flying not doing ground jobs.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by javabytes
Wonder what they're gearing up to do that they don't want comments on...
New regime has probably realized their "transparency" is a waste of time, since no one believes them. That, or they've finally wised up to the reality that having their lies refuted in public wasn't advancing their agenda.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by halls120
New regime has probably realized their "transparency" is a waste of time, since no one believes them. That, or they've finally wised up to the reality that having their lies refuted in public wasn't advancing their agenda.
To be perfectly honest, I think it has more to do with a new direction by the leadership of the Blog. Hopefully the new content moving forward will be to the advantage of all parties. We will see how things shake out before too terribly long.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be nice to be able to contact the blog and let the powers that be what readers think about that decision. What new direction? The only change of direction that I have seen so far is no public comments.

TSA afraid to hear what we have to say?
moondog and petaluma1 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: TSA
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
It would be nice to be able to contact the blog and let the powers that be what readers think about that decision. What new direction? The only change of direction that I have seen so far is no public comments.

If you wish to voice your opinions to the folks that operate the blog and other social media sections, you can reach them through AskTSA at Twitter or The Book of Face. I believe they are trying to generate a more central architecture for all of our social media outlets, which makes sense from an organizational POV. I am about 98% certain that the change was not because of what passengers were saying, but a difference in the way that they approach social media in general. Some teams want to do direct contact (like the Blog was - to an extent), others want to provide information without distraction (like more traditional governmental sites), some want to provide direct information in a "media" style, like in magazines or the "Life" section of a newspaper. There are other versions, and degrees of each, but those are the primary categories that appear to be most pervasive in government. I just hope we continue to put our good content, and stay on message, maybe expand to include more travel tips, more frequently. The blog post that had the most hits consistently was the one from years ago about the razors - literally, every month, we had more hits for that than anything else. If we work to consistently update our travel tips so that they remain current, it would be a positive development.

We will see where we are headed.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by gsoltso
To be perfectly honest, I think it has more to do with a new direction by the leadership of the Blog. Hopefully the new content moving forward will be to the advantage of all parties. We will see how things shake out before too terribly long.
The "new direction" of less transparency? How are things going to "shake out" when communication is just one way?

Your agency just keeps digging a bigger hole for itself. Given your current administrator, I'm not surprised he's adopted a FU attitude towards the public.
Spiff, moondog and petaluma1 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gsoltso
If you wish to voice your opinions to the folks that operate the blog and other social media sections, you can reach them through AskTSA at Twitter or The Book of Face. I believe they are trying to generate a more central architecture for all of our social media outlets, which makes sense from an organizational POV. I am about 98% certain that the change was not because of what passengers were saying, but a difference in the way that they approach social media in general. Some teams want to do direct contact (like the Blog was - to an extent), others want to provide information without distraction (like more traditional governmental sites), some want to provide direct information in a "media" style, like in magazines or the "Life" section of a newspaper. There are other versions, and degrees of each, but those are the primary categories that appear to be most pervasive in government. I just hope we continue to put our good content, and stay on message, maybe expand to include more travel tips, more frequently. The blog post that had the most hits consistently was the one from years ago about the razors - literally, every month, we had more hits for that than anything else. If we work to consistently update our travel tips so that they remain current, it would be a positive development.

We will see where we are headed.
@ASKTSA - stop with the jokes already. They, like the blog, respond only to questions they want to respond to, when it serves their purpose, and ignore the rest.
GUWonder and Boggie Dog like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Afraid or not, the goal includes disappearing and diluting the power of criticism not favored by the powers that be. Reorganization of forums and limiting the channel and audience for criticism are part and parcel of that.
Spiff and petaluma1 like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halls120
The "new direction" of less transparency? How are things going to "shake out" when communication is just one way?

Your agency just keeps digging a bigger hole for itself. Given your current administrator, I'm not surprised he's adopted a FU attitude towards the public.
Everybody of any influence who could have publicly complained and effected real change has long-sense bought into ExtortionCheck and have been silenced. The only ones left are the citizens who have been outright abused and arguably sexually assaulted for the the crime of buying a plane ticket. TSA abuses simply aren't newsworthy anymore.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Everybody of any influence who could have publicly complained and effected real change has long-sense bought into ExtortionCheck and have been silenced. The only ones left are the citizens who have been outright abused and arguably sexually assaulted for the the crime of buying a plane ticket. TSA abuses simply aren't newsworthy anymore.
As stated in your signature line to learn the truth both sides must be listened too. TSA has no use for the truth.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As suggested in Post #20 I sent a message asking about the blog comments to @ASKTSA. My question, as expected, was ignored.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:22 am
Original Poster

As suggested in Post #20 I sent a message asking about the blog comments to @ASKTSA. My question, as expected, was ignored.
Further, how would anyone expect any meaningful response to a serious question in 240 characters. It's nothing but a charade.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Further, how would anyone expect any meaningful response to a serious question in 240 characters. It's nothing but a charade.
Charade, doesn't that pretty much describe TSA?
Spiff, GUWonder and halls120 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
They haven't programmed the bot responses yet.
petaluma1 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.